The sun is shining, strawberries are in season, it's beta testing time again

Forum Editor 22:44 01 Jul 2014

There will be a new version of Norton Internet Security software launched in the autumn, and as with previous versions, Norton has asked us if we can run a test program of the beta software.

As before, the lucky testers will each get a free licence for the new version when it launches, but this time the licence will be for up to ten devices.

There is a strict limit on the number of licences available this time, so if you would like to take part in the test please apply as soon as possible.

Email me at: [email protected] telling me that you would like to participate. Provide me with your real name and forum name, and your email address. Do NOT apply by posting in this thread - I can only accept email applications.

The test will start in around ten days time, so please don't delay. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Graham* 00:16 03 Jul 2014

Strawberries may be in season but in Morrisons they're from Spain.

Forum Editor 08:01 03 Jul 2014

Thank you for the applications received so far. There's still room for more, so keep the emails coming.

sunnystaines 17:56 06 Jul 2014

is there a start date for the beta?

Forum Editor 18:34 06 Jul 2014

sunnystaines

It's likely to be very soon - sometime this week I think. We're waiting for more information from Norton.

As soon as I know, I'll be writing to everyone who has shown an interest.

sunnystaines 07:28 07 Jul 2014

thanks

sunnystaines 21:14 09 Jul 2014

apparently the beta has a new part included called norton back up. Hope its like the old norton ghost program.

Forum Editor 06:50 11 Jul 2014

It's time to get started.

I'll be emailing everyone on the test panel this evening.

sunnystaines 10:09 12 Jul 2014

FE

I had an email yesterday from norton to test the beta, is this what you arranged? or are you sending a seperate link for the PCA group testters?

Aitchbee 19:59 12 Jul 2014

I have applied to take part in the Beta Test but have not yet received any verification [via e-mail from the Forum Editor or Norton] to confirm this. Has my application been rejected?

sunnystaines 20:54 12 Jul 2014

aitchbee I think perhaps there may be a delay by norton sending info to fe, as he normally sends his own link to download from. I think yesterdays email on norton beta maybe from norton info from prev betas but not sure thats why I posted to clear up the point.

just hope the download goes smoother than last year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)