Stormzy launches a racist scoloship

LastChip 14:30 16 Aug 2018

Strormzy sponsors a racist scholarship for two black people.

While I sympathise with the generosity, I find that by excluding white people it's racist.

You can't have it both ways; for what seems generations, we've been told any detrimental action towards ethnic minorities could be seen a racist. I'm struggling to see the difference here. Surely, this has to be detrimental towards whites.

oresome 16:04 16 Aug 2018

There are many cases of positive discrimination for minority groups.

It would be clearly unfair if we had an otherwise level playing field, but that's not the case. Without some intervention, those at the top of society, mainly white male middle class will ensure that they and their off-springs remain there, suppressing opportunities for others born with fewer advantages.

Al94 17:52 16 Aug 2018

Link doesn't work

lotvic 19:47 16 Aug 2018

LastChip missed a 6 off copy and pasted url working link click here

LastChip 21:46 16 Aug 2018

Thanks lotvic.

carver 10:06 21 Aug 2018

Funny how some liberals will praise this and defend a blatant act of racism but at the same time would scream racist if it was awarded to "only" white students.

lotvic 11:13 21 Aug 2018

There are many 'races/colours' other than Black and White. There's a wonderful, mix of humans in the world. Opportunities should be for all regardless of race, colour or creed.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs