Hot Topics

the star and moon

sunnystaines 19:47 26 Feb 2014

last night there was a cresent moon with a star by it like in the turkish flag. what was the star?

i put google sky on but the moon never showed on it.

BRYNIT 20:04 26 Feb 2014

This may help CLICK HERE Picture to top right.

namtas 20:05 26 Feb 2014

I saw this this morning, I could not sleep and was up at 5am, the moon had just risen above the horizon. I didn't quite know what to make of it and first as the sky in the east was very light with a reddish tinge and these two super bright light were partly hidden by tree. It was rising pretty fast and I then saw that is was a crescent moon but the star just slightly above and the the right was so bright it was amazing. I went to get Binoculars and when I can back 5 minutes later cloud had completely covered everything, it really was unusual and it would be interesting to know what the star was

wee eddie 22:17 26 Feb 2014

I think that it's a satellite

BRYNIT 22:30 26 Feb 2014

From my previous link and further photo's CLICK HERE the star was Venus

sunnystaines 03:48 27 Feb 2014

brynit spot on that was it. thanks evryone for replies.

Namtas same here too.

Forum Editor 13:34 27 Feb 2014

Had you been looking at the moon last September you might have seen another bright light as half a tonne of meteorite impacted at 38,000 miles an hour.

Aitchbee 20:01 04 Mar 2014

Tonight's visible crescent [of the moon] now appears on the RHS of it's edge. How come?

Aitchbee 14:21 05 Mar 2014

Cheers, Haggard. I do miss Patrick Moore ... he was a pure 'lunatic' and always 'spot on' when explaining anything about the Moon!

PS. I hope John Culshaw [the impersonator] steps into his shoes on 'Sky at Night' ;o]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 10 Launches Globally: Price, Release Date, Specs and more

Best Free, Deep Discounted tools for artists and designers 2020

How to get Apple's Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro free

Qwant moteur de recherche par défaut sur les derniers Huawei