Spice Girls to reunite - unfortunately

Clapton is God 10:15 10 Nov 2018

I note that 4 of the 5 Spice Girls are to do a reunion gig and have promised a 1 hour set during which they'll play their greatest hits.

What will they do for the other 55 minutes?

Forum Editor 12:54 10 Nov 2018

Nevertheless, they have a huge following. They have already had to add two extra London dates to satisfy the demand for tickets.

Belatucadrus 13:26 10 Nov 2018

Oh joy, my unfettered enthusiasm for the coming musical extravaganza is truly boundless, I can't wait.

Or maybe I can.

Clapton is God 13:31 10 Nov 2018

"they have a huge following".

Which merely proves the old adage - there's no accounting for taste (or lack of).

wee eddie 13:45 10 Nov 2018

It'll be a bit like Pink Floyd without Syd Barrett!

Old Deuteronomy 13:47 10 Nov 2018

I had forgotten about this and really didn't need reminding...

Forum Editor 13:58 10 Nov 2018

"Which merely proves the old adage - there's no accounting for taste (or lack of)."

That's an arrogant attitude. Musical taste is a personal and subjective thing. If it wasn't, we would only have one kind of music in the world.

Lots of people would say that Eric Clapton's music was awful and totally lacking in appeal - some of them might even deride those who like him, as you obviously do.

Huge numbers of people think the Spice girls were great, and there's no denying that they were a phenomenon, back in the day.

Sneering at someone else's taste in music isn't clever or funny.

Cymro. 14:42 10 Nov 2018

Whatever they are up to Clapton is God they are not doing it for the likes of you and me but for the millions of youngsters who will pay good hard earned money to see their heroes. Just because they are a youth thing is no reason to knock them. We were all young once Clapton

HondaMan 14:52 10 Nov 2018

Sneering at someone else's taste in music - or anything else - isn't clever or funny.

Quickbeam 14:54 10 Nov 2018

So I saw...

Belatucadrus 20:39 10 Nov 2018

the millions of youngsters

They haven't really done anything of note for eighteen years, I think their fanbase is a bit more mature now. As far as the "youngsters" are concerned the Spice girls are a bunch of old women who were big back in the day when mum was still cool.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Now On Sale: Price, Specification & Features

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio Lightning (2019)