Spice Girls to reunite - unfortunately

Clapton is God 10:15 10 Nov 2018

I note that 4 of the 5 Spice Girls are to do a reunion gig and have promised a 1 hour set during which they'll play their greatest hits.

What will they do for the other 55 minutes?

MJS WARLORD 11:46 10 Nov 2018

I once watched a video of them and a sound engineer filtered out all 5 vocals so you could hear them as individuals , "the absent one" sounded like a teenager whose voice had just broke.

Forum Editor 12:54 10 Nov 2018

Nevertheless, they have a huge following. They have already had to add two extra London dates to satisfy the demand for tickets.

Belatucadrus 13:26 10 Nov 2018

Oh joy, my unfettered enthusiasm for the coming musical extravaganza is truly boundless, I can't wait.

Or maybe I can.

Clapton is God 13:31 10 Nov 2018

"they have a huge following".

Which merely proves the old adage - there's no accounting for taste (or lack of).

wee eddie 13:45 10 Nov 2018

It'll be a bit like Pink Floyd without Syd Barrett!

Old Deuteronomy 13:47 10 Nov 2018

I had forgotten about this and really didn't need reminding...

Forum Editor 13:58 10 Nov 2018

"Which merely proves the old adage - there's no accounting for taste (or lack of)."

That's an arrogant attitude. Musical taste is a personal and subjective thing. If it wasn't, we would only have one kind of music in the world.

Lots of people would say that Eric Clapton's music was awful and totally lacking in appeal - some of them might even deride those who like him, as you obviously do.

Huge numbers of people think the Spice girls were great, and there's no denying that they were a phenomenon, back in the day.

Sneering at someone else's taste in music isn't clever or funny.

Cymro. 14:42 10 Nov 2018

Whatever they are up to Clapton is God they are not doing it for the likes of you and me but for the millions of youngsters who will pay good hard earned money to see their heroes. Just because they are a youth thing is no reason to knock them. We were all young once Clapton

HondaMan 14:52 10 Nov 2018

Sneering at someone else's taste in music - or anything else - isn't clever or funny.

Quickbeam 14:54 10 Nov 2018

So I saw...

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch