The special relationship seems strained........

oresome 14:40 09 Jul 2019

Diplomacy seems to have been lacking in some of the UK Ambassadors private correspondence with his political masters back home and Donald is smarting.

It must only be a matter of days or weeks before he returns home.

wee eddie 14:44 09 Jul 2019

The Ambassador did his job as required. The cock-up was at this end

john bunyan 15:19 09 Jul 2019

Agreed; the e mails were selective and meant to be secret - clearly the views are widely and correctly held and ambassadors often use such forthright language. This is a serious breach of the Official Secrets Act and MI 5 should track down the leak. Trump’s reaction is entirely predictable- only Fox News is not fake news. His narcissism news no bounds.

john bunyan 15:28 09 Jul 2019

News = knows

Quickbeam 20:26 09 Jul 2019

It's petulance personified... had this been dealt with in a correct diplomatic way, there would be no egg on anyone's faces.

Quickbeam 20:28 09 Jul 2019

And of course, Trumps response does sort of vindicate the ambassador's description of him and his administration!

rickf 10:35 10 Jul 2019

And of course, Trumps response does sort of vindicate the ambassador's description of him and his administration! Totally with you on this. The man is 70 going on 13. No idea how diplomacy works in real life. How dare he attacks our PM and the Queen.

Pine Man 11:21 10 Jul 2019

How dare he attacks our PM and the Queen.

I don't recollect Trump attacking the Queen. Or did I miss that bit?

Like most, I don't think the Amabassador has actualy done anything wrong it's the whistleblower who's caused the problem. However I can understand Trump not wanting to have anything to do with the Ambassador after the way he described him and his administration. As such I think it is time for the Ambassador to be redeployed or retired as his position in the US would be a pointless exercise and help neither the US nor the GB.

Pine Man 12:06 10 Jul 2019

Sir Kim Darroch has resigned as UK ambassador to the US.

oresome 12:11 10 Jul 2019

Just a matter of days then.

rickf 12:12 10 Jul 2019

Shame he has resigned. Are we poodles now to Trump?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Can you trademark a moving image?

Best free iPhone games 2019

Les bons plans audio (2019)