Hot Topics

Spam deluge is spoiling the site.

john bunyan 18:40 01 Jul 2020
Answered

8 out of the top 12 threads on the opening forum page are spam - many from the same long winded source. I know how busy FE must be but surely a spammer once reported could be blocked. Very annoying

morddwyd 19:34 01 Jul 2020

The FE and his helpers are doing a Good job.

I've only seen one since I came back on site.

bremner 20:41 01 Jul 2020

Two!!!

There are 10 in the current Most Recent Posts

wee eddie 21:02 01 Jul 2020

Spam comes in bursts. As far as I know, FE paid to visit the site about once a day but, on occasion, does so more often.

Also 10 of those Posts, but not all are from the same Spammer, JB and I have reported them to him.

Why worry. This time of year, the Forum's dead anyway

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:53 01 Jul 2020

or contact simon if FE not around and lots of spam needs removing [email protected];

morddwyd 09:06 02 Jul 2020

wee eddie

I know that you are one of those I referred to as the FE's helpers and I'm grateful.

wee eddie 09:28 02 Jul 2020

I don't regard myself as a Helper.

Just trying to save everyone time. Most Spam is obvious but some are not and a few have compromised/dangerous links. As I visit most posts anyway, a couple of extra seconds makes little difference to my life.

Quickbeam 16:43 02 Jul 2020

"Why worry. This time of year, the Forum's dead anyway"

Unfortunately that so true, 10 years ago we had 10 subjects a day worth joining into, the days of web based format forums are nearing an end...

Forum Editor 17:49 02 Jul 2020
Answer

"Very annoying"

I'm sorry you found a few spam posts so annoying. I have been under the weather this week, so not as attentive as normal. I must obviously try harder.

john bunyan 17:53 02 Jul 2020

FE

Well done. It was one particular spammer that was so annoying, posting on every forum. Hope you’re ok now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: Five things you need to know

Marco Oggian's Dreams and Nightmares explores our global anxiety in 2020

Leaked iPhone 12 photos reveal mystery magnets

AirPods : comment résoudre un problème de connexion ?