sorting out spam.... ....

mrgrumpy 22:19 31 Oct 2019

I THINK I have a solution to getting rid of spam , could users be allowed to delete what they think or know is spam and leave it to spammers to APPEAL against all of us deleting their posts.

Forum Editor 22:35 31 Oct 2019

I think we'll stick with our current system, which works pretty well.

morddwyd 09:14 02 Nov 2019

I believe there might be the odd member, and I don't exclude myself, who might use such a facility to get rid of a post they don't like!

wee eddie 16:34 03 Nov 2019

I am just guessing that this is what might be the current set-up:

FE is paid a pittance (or huge salary) to visit the site regularly, once a day or so, and deal with any Posts which are trying to promote Products without paying IDG for the privilege (aka Spam).

You are free to inform FE of any Spam Posting that you come across, by using the "Report a Post" button at the top of the Thread. If you do report a Post to FE, please leave a posting on the Thread, telling us that you have done so. So that FE's Inbox is not filled with a multitude of duplicate messages.

Forum Editor 09:42 04 Nov 2019

I am regularly alerted about spam posts, and I delete many that I spot myself. Our forums are relatively spam-free as a result.

I don't see any need to change something that works well, and has done so for many years.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Razr (2019) confirmed: Release date, price and specs

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2019

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Les bons plans TV (2019)