Some good news in these dark days

rowdy 13:05 23 Nov 2008

click here

Mainly for the elder bretheren

rowdy

anchor 13:44 23 Nov 2008

Now I have another excuse to enjoy my glass of red wine.

We have know for years that it is beneficial for the heart, now it seems its helps prevents Alzheimer's disease.

Claret or Burgundy; I like them both.

rowdy 14:23 23 Nov 2008

If you read these articles you will see evidence of the other beneficial effects of red wine and they are considerable.
Recomended intake AT LEAST one glass EVERY day but remember the alcohol guide lines.

rowdy

Pineman100 18:38 23 Nov 2008

I always ensure that I have a glass of wine every day - purely for medicinal purposes, you understand.

But I may be too late to prevent some loss of memory function, because I always seem to have difficulty remembering whether I've had my daily glass or not.

So I have another one, just to be sure.

Pineman100 18:39 23 Nov 2008

I always ensure that I have a glass of wine every day - purely for medicinal purposes, you understand.

But I may be too late to prevent some loss of memory function, because I always seem to have difficulty remembering whether I've had my daily glass or not.

So I have another one, just to be sure.

Pine Man 10:15 24 Nov 2008

I know the problem well and as you get even older you start repeating yourself;-)

Pineman100 11:03 24 Nov 2008

Just in case you imagine that the double post was a senile accident, it was in fact an intentional part of my bijou jokette.

I promise!

Pine Man 11:09 24 Nov 2008

But of course!

Is the 100 after your name any indication of senility?

Chegs ®™ 13:33 24 Nov 2008

Any new drug’s properties would resemble those of tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the main psychoactive substance in the cannabis plant, but would not share its high-producing effects. THC joins nicotine, alcohol and caffeine as agents that, in moderation, have shown some protection against inflammation in the brain that might translate to better memory late in life.

This made me chuckle,my partner has never experimented with drugs,doesnt drink or smoke and has the cheek to accuse me of being forgetful! :)

rowdy 18:58 24 Nov 2008

Well I took mine tonight, it is tough but necessary. What with the Omega 3 oil and the morning Brazil nuts ( anti prostate cancer, ie selenium dose ). I may live until next week.

Tonights was a bottle of Corbiere - a good appellation if you are careful about the vinyard. fruity dark red.

rowdy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?