Hot Topics

Solar car battery chargers. Anyone use them?

muddypaws 09:51 16 Jul 2015

I have been thinking of getting one. The battery on my 08 CMax is as far as I know the original. Still starts first time whatever the weather. Does any member have experience of these trickle chargers.. Thanks.

Govan1x 10:48 16 Jul 2015

Brother in law fitted one of those to a small boat in lanzarote last year just to keep the battery topped up.

Not sure whether it has been any good or not but will ask him the next time I contact him.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:17 16 Jul 2015
  Govan1x 12:36 16 Jul 2015

Sorry muddypaws but the answer I got was although they bought the trickle charger last year they have not actually fitted it yet.

muddypaws 15:58 16 Jul 2015

Fruit Bat /\0/\ Govan1x

Thanks both of you.. I have read various forums and in view of the comments I think when the day comes I'll just get another battery. It still starts after leaving it for a week. ( Famous last words!) See what happens when we go away this Sept.

Graham* 16:46 16 Jul 2015

Always carry jump leads, just in case.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:10 16 Jul 2015

Modern car batteries are quite often "sealed for life". use a gel rather than the good old acid and are less prone to sulphation and last much longer.

The first signs of impending failure start with the cold weather :0)

muddypaws 22:49 16 Jul 2015

Thanks all. Will resolve.

muddypaws 22:51 16 Jul 2015

If I can find where to resolve now?!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP's ZBook Firefly is a genuine MacBook Pro rival

Megan Thee Stallion's Aeon Flux-inspired music video is the perfect lockdown tonic

iPhone hackers have had access to iOS 14 'since February'

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans