So, how's your memory these days....

Forum Editor 15:43 15 Mar 2015

Are you as sharp as a pin, or do you find yourself forgetting things that you really should know?

We all suffer a degree of memory loss as the years roll on, but it happens to some more than others. I readily admit to forgetting names on occasion, and it can be embarrassing. I met an old client at the airport one day, and chatted to her for five minutes before her name came back to me. I think I got away with it, but I was panicking slightly. I forget the names of actors; my wife and I went to see a film recently. I was telling my daughter about it the next day, and do you think I could remember that it was Judy Dench in one of the lead parts?

I'm not alone, apparently What about you (whatever your name is)?

bumpkin 18:42 17 Mar 2015

**I'll put something down,

knowing exactly where I left it I go back there for it and it will be gone.**

You are not alone, just buy a relacement and it will rematerialise moments after you have the new one.

bumpkin 18:51 17 Mar 2015

lotvic, if you had bought another pair you would have found the originals in a few minutes.

lotvic 19:07 17 Mar 2015

bumpkin, I was about to do just that, I was cussing to myself and deciding which shop would be best to get them from... lo and behold 10 mins later they materialised in a cupboard when I was getting something else out.

bumpkin 20:11 17 Mar 2015

They must have known you were serious about replacing them then:-))

bumpkin 20:19 17 Mar 2015

An unusual phenomenon though as they do not usually re-appear until you have paid for new ones. You got lucky this time.

lotvic 21:43 17 Mar 2015

I think they were embarrassed by the publicity on the 'net ;p

bumpkin 21:57 17 Mar 2015

Probably why the are called pinking shears:-)

woodchip 22:14 17 Mar 2015

Mine is not bad at 78 Quick Driving reactions as well. but do not now like driving in the dark with headlamp glare

BT 08:27 18 Mar 2015

..do not now like driving in the dark with headlamp glare

I had this problem before I had my Cataracts done, which got worse as they got worse. No problem now with my new 'Bionic' eyes.

Batch 09:02 18 Mar 2015

I was going to post on this thread the other day - but I went into another forum and forgot all about it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Last Chance: Win an Honor Band 5

Acclaimed illustrator James Jean's comic book past gets celebrated in new book

Best Apple tech gifts for Christmas 2019

Noël (2019) : idées cadeaux & guide d'achat !