So, how big would your list be?

Al94 19:54 04 Jan 2019

Eurolottery Seem like lovely people but my list would be a lot shorter!

Cymro. 11:04 05 Jan 2019

F.E. Wanting to give money away is fine, but don't publicise the fact on prime time TV.

Their postman is going to be overloaded with all the begingletters.

caccy 16:54 05 Jan 2019

Gifts to family (children,grandchildren and great grandsons only) and we would not tell them the full amount, about £1.5 Million seems reasonable. That way we can give them money each year that will make their lives much easier. It also gets round the problem of security if they let anything slip.

PS Be all theirs in a few years anyway.

oresome 13:00 09 Jan 2019

I don't do the lottery and have no wish for very large amounts of money. I think the sums involved are obscene for one or two people to spend.

I would certainly give much of it away as they are doing, but I can see it causing them issues as to who is a beneficiary and who is left out.

I wouldn't go public with the win and I doubt I'd like a drastic change in lifestyle at my time of life.

Forum Editor 17:56 09 Jan 2019

"I doubt I'd like a drastic change in lifestyle at my time of life."

Even if the drastic change involved never having to concern yourself about bills, or whether you can afford something you want? What about being able to travel first class wherever in the world you go, and staying in the best hotels, eating the best food and drinking the best wines?

A lot obviously depends on your age and your state of health, but wealth must surely make life a good deal easier and more enjoyable. It eases away life's little irritations, and frees you to do pretty well whatever you like, whenever you like.

oresome 18:12 09 Jan 2019

It eases away life's little irritations, and frees you to do pretty well whatever you like, whenever you like.

I'm in that situation now...….not because I'm rich but because my lifestyle is well within my budget and I'm perfectly content.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE is the UK's first 5G network, launching next week

Philips 499P9H monitor review – this 49-inch screen turns heads and will make your colleagues…

MacBook Pro Buying Guide: 13in vs 15in MacBook Pro

Test : casque audio Avanti C de Moshi