So, here we all are, on the run up to Christmas...

Forum Editor 10:39 17 Dec 2017
Answered

once more.

Soon we will start our 18th year online, which is quite something by anyone's standards and it's time for me, on behalf of all of us at Tech Advisor to wish all of you a very happy and peaceful Christmas, and a happy new year.

As usual when I post this message, I would like to thank those of you who take the time to notify me about spam posts. It helps me to keep our forums largely spam-free on a daily basis, and I am very grateful.

Thanks too, to those faithful forum members who give up their time to help others with their computer problems. Computers and other devices have become far more sophisticated and capable over the years, but they aren't foolproof - problems crop up now, just as they did back at the start of the century.

Please keep up the good work - we couldn't function without you all.

On a personal note, I would like to say a big thank you to all our forum members for your continued support, and for making my time here so enjoyable.

Forum Editor 11:35 24 Dec 2017

flycatcher1

"At this time I always remember those who are working and those who are away from home doing all those tasks that are necessary to support the public in this difficult world."

Amen to that.

Forum Editor 16:56 24 Dec 2017

And whilst on that subject....

Take a look at this.

Aitchbee 22:14 24 Dec 2017

Still on the helping theme, I was very surprised to hear on tonight's The Archers that some of the female characters have promised to help the poor and needy down at the village hall [tomorrow] and so have abandoned their hapless menfolk to prepare and cook the Christmas dinner on their lonesomes. Yikes!

morddwyd 08:35 25 Dec 2017
Answer

Merry Christmas everybody.

compumac 13:42 26 Dec 2017

Do not know how I missed this post until prodded by the Forum Editor.

I will add my rather belated Merry Christmas to all and a Happy and prosperous new year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo A9 2020 Review

Procreate 5 launches with the world’s biggest brush library – hands-on and specs for the 2019 update

Best Apple tech gifts for Christmas 2019

Noël (2019) : idées cadeaux & guide d'achat !