So have you caught it then?

Cymro. 12:14 08 Jan 2018

BBC News Link

I suppose if we don't get one then we are sure to get some other strain. What is your advice for avoiding flu? Personally I take my annual flu vaccination but leave the rest to fate. It is some years since I did get a bad dose so I suppose I am doing the right thing or am perhaps just luckier than some. If and when you do get flu how do you handle it?

tullie 13:54 08 Jan 2018

Aussie flue only appears about every four years,and only affects English Cricketers.

qwbos 18:22 08 Jan 2018

If and when you do get flu how do you handle it?

Stay upright and as active as possible for as long as possible. Stay warm. Loads of hot drinks. Paracetamol's as good as anything else for fever. Keep eating as normally as possible. Accept that if you've got flu for real, you'll feel out of it for at least three days.

Govan1x 18:36 08 Jan 2018

Fortunately I have never caught the flue since I got Flu jabs.

But I did catch it just before I started on the winter flue jabs.

Remember it well. Just going up to my Daughters for Xmas dinner and never made it. In bed for over a week and ended up loosing about a stone and a half in weight.

Worst case of Flu that I ever had.

Just had our Grand Daughter and he boy friend over from Australia for 3 weeks. They went back last Sunday and hope they never left any Flu bugs behind.

So anybody that can get the free Flu jab and not taken up the offer yet, now is the time to get it done.

Aitchbee 18:46 08 Jan 2018

I got a flu jab last year at my local pharmacy. £9-a-jab. Well worth it. I'll try to make an effort this week for another one.

bumpkin 19:14 08 Jan 2018

I thought it was free for all. Had one every year for as long as I can remember, never had to pay but that was at the doctors not a chemists.

Aitchbee 19:22 08 Jan 2018

If you want to protect yourself against flu and you're not in one of the groups, you can buy the flu jab from high street pharmacies.

People who can get it for free from the NHS include:

over 65s.

pregnant women.

Adults and children with an underlying health condition, such as asthma, or a weakened immune system which puts them at risk of serious complications from flu.

bumpkin 22:17 08 Jan 2018

Thanks for the reply Aitchbee, I can only speak from my own experience. I would be happy to pay for it anyway but never been asked to not even about 20yrs back when I was fit and healthy. I think it depends on the area you live in.

BT 08:47 09 Jan 2018

I thought it was free for all.

Only Free at the Docs for qualifying groups as Aitchbee says, but anyone can get it from most Pharmacies for a small cost which seems to be round about £8 -£10 but only £5 at ASDA, and most seem to do it on a no appointment walk-in basis.

When I was working we could have a Flu Jab paid for by the Company regardless of age.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Festival de Cannes 2018 ?