So Did You Get Any Bargains?

Menzie 00:55 16 Jul 2019

I don't know how it is UK-side; this side of the pond there has been incredible hype for Amazon Prime Day. TV ads, radio ads and ads online.

It launched today and has left me... Underwhelmed. The only good thing that came out of it was a slight discount on USB C cables which I needed since the other half has destroyed two in a row recently.

There is a Bluetooth meat thermometer so you will know when your roast is done.

Any takers?

Taff™ 08:12 21 Jul 2019

I found a BenQ 25" Gaming Monitor for about £85 saving mysef £30. Then a Firestick 4K with Alexa at half price saving £25

Put them together and I now have a damn good media centre! Total Saving £55 roughly equivalent to 7 months Prime subscription. Add in the Amazon Music which is included with Prime (£3.99? per month)- I have been subscribed to Prime since Last December!I reckon it pays for itself very quickly.

Oh forgot to mention next or same day delivery, Prime Channel for films,Amazon Pantry - great for staple items every couple of months and because the Benq was delivered a couple of days late I got £5 credit as a gesture of goodwill! (they did offer to send it by dedicated courier within 2 hours after they found it at their warehouse but I declined and got it in 4 anyway!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Elephone U2 Review

Ichijo Hikaru's riso print pop art is a celebration of the female body

New iPhone 11 (2019) release date, price & specs rumours

Les bons plans audio (2019)