So are you a bad driver or not?

Cymro. 10:29 15 Oct 2017

BBC News

I think we drivers like nothing better than a good moan about how we are treated by the law of the land. Well there are plenty of bad drivers out there and yet no one will admit to being a bad driver. So for a change let's not criticise other drivers but start thinking what are our own bad driving habits? Personally as I have grown older I find that I am more careless at junctions and roundabouts. I seem to be leaving less of a gap between myself and other road users. More drivers sound their horn at me than ever did in the past. It could be that the other drivers are becoming less and less tolerant of my errors than they used to be. Well it could be but somehow I doubt it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:22 11 Feb 2018

click here for those of you not had the Etoile experience :0)

Brumas 14:50 11 Feb 2018

*Fruit Bat /\0/*, Crikey, if I lived in Paris and had to traverse the city I would take a taxi !!

john bunyan 15:38 11 Feb 2018

In the early '90's I had a 3 week old new car and had to visit Paris. Ended up going through the Etoile several times. Quite a white knuckle experience! Have been a few times since, and try to avoid it , but somehow one always seems to be forced towards it.

wee eddie 16:05 11 Feb 2018

Until the Underpass was built Hyde Park Corner was a bit like that.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:14 11 Feb 2018

I was taught that to drive in London you focused on your destination and did not make eye contact with anyone else otherwise they assumed you were letting them in.

Applying this principle on a run from Old Oak to St Pancras I think I terrified an old colleague who was used to London driving a bit slow, I would never have mad my train letting him drive :0)

flycatcher1 23:05 12 Feb 2018

Having written that I had become more a more careful driver I was ashamed to miss a car coming from my right on a double mini roundabout yesterday. Wife screamed, I braked and, luckily, so did the other driver in a Range Rover.

I signalled an apology for my mistake and this was acknowledged with a smiling nod.

Went out again today and made sure that I was aware of the double mini trap. Now I WILL be more careful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

D&AD Awards 2019: Check out the Pencil winners from the year's biggest creative awards

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables (2019)