SNP deputy leader to resign

x123 15:23 22 May 2016

Stewart Hosie to step down after fling with journalist and to be investigated over expenses irregularities.

x123 15:26 22 May 2016
  john bunyan 15:35 22 May 2016

All parties have such folk; some people at Westminster seem to succumb to such temptations. I am sorry for the wives of the 2 MP's involved.

sparrow hawk 17:21 22 May 2016

I would not be surprised that he was nudged by Nicola , either walk or be pushed for the sake of the party.

It should limit the damage , IF there is any impropriety found and keep the Tory media off the SNP.

Forum Editor 19:10 22 May 2016

spider9~2

"...it did say more about Jackson Carlaw than Stewart Hosie!!"

Come, come spider9~2. You should have been a spin doctor - you could show a lot of others how it's done. An SNP MP has been a naughty boy, and may have been a very naughty one. It happens, leave it at that, and stop trying to divert attention from it,

Flak999 20:32 22 May 2016

I understand that both Mr Hosie and Angus MacNeil were allegedly having a sexual relationship with the same woman, a former actress and free lance political journalist twenty years their junior!

The auld adage is true then, there's no fool like an old fool! ;-)

Pity their wives.

wee eddie 20:35 22 May 2016

The whole thing is not helped by one knowing that the deceived wife is among the Sainted Nicola's inner circle!

Flak999 20:36 22 May 2016

“Both parties have asked that their privacy is respected during this difficult time."

What a laugh! :-)))

Flak999 22:03 22 May 2016

spider9~2

"But the fact that two SNP politicians have had affairs with the same journalist does have a smell of 'honey-trap' about it - or else it's a truly remarkable coincidence!!"

Oh please! You'll be telling us she forced them into her bed next!!

Forum Editor 23:04 22 May 2016

spider9~2

"But the fact that two SNP politicians have had affairs with the same journalist does have a smell of 'honey-trap' about it - or else it's a truly remarkable coincidence!!"

I would quit now, if I were you. This isn't a Cold War spy story.

morddwyd 08:04 23 May 2016

He has only stepped down as overall Deputy Leader, he retains all other party functions, such as party Treasury spokesman and deputy leader at Westminster, and, of course, he retains his seat as an MP.

Nicola has not said he "has her full sport" so he looks fairly safe!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Women creative grads – this is how you fix the industry

The best Mac antivirus of 2019

Comment diminuer le buffering sur Kodi ?