Smoothing the rim of a pressed glass tumbler.

Brumas 12:38 01 Jun 2014
Answered

I have a modern pressed glass tumbler which feels slightly rough on the inside rim, not so rough as to actually cut but rough enough to feel noticeable on the inside of my lip when drinking from it.

What is the best method of smoothing it out, would wet and dry emery cloth/paper work or is there something specifically made for working on glass?

Brumas 14:21 01 Jun 2014
Answer

Thanks for all the info, I used the dremel and it worked a treat. I wore full body armour, welding mask, steel-toed boots, leather gauntlets and used an industrial extraction fan, just to be on the safe side ;o}

I am now 'road testing' the glass, hic ;o}

carver 14:28 01 Jun 2014

Brumas that's a bit over the top, welding mask, safety glasses would have been adequate.

OH and have one for me.

carver 14:54 01 Jun 2014

MechKB 2 is that the one relating to drink driving or the one that states.

If you can not work out which end of the can to open you've had enough.

bumpkin 14:56 01 Jun 2014

"I am now 'road testing' the glass, hic ;o}"

Be sure to do it thoroughly:-)

bumpkin 15:01 01 Jun 2014

"I am now 'road testing' the glass, hic ;o}"

Be sure to do it thoroughly:-)

bumpkin 15:06 01 Jun 2014

Double post again but there is a 5min gap so assumed first one had not worked. These seem to be increasing as one does not know whether it has worked or not. If the second one appears in seconds then why not the first one.

Brumas 17:28 01 Jun 2014

Reading that lot made me chuckle but it also made my hand shake so, in the interests of comprehensive road testing, I shall stop reading and carry on regardless.

P.S. Can I the welding mask off now as it seriously cramps my drinking style? ;o}}

bumpkin 17:44 01 Jun 2014

" Can I take the welding mask off now as it seriously cramps my drinking style?"

Not if it has welded itself on.

bumpkin 19:35 01 Jun 2014

Maybe time to remove the cricket box as well by now.At your own convenience of course.

Brumas 22:03 01 Jun 2014

I have to say they were all very pleasant at A & E, after they had stopped laughing, it was the first time they had encountered someone with a glass trapped behind the welding mask visor. They managed to remove it and, to their credit they didn't spill a drop of Adnams or blood however they couldn't manage to free the cricket box from the body armour but I am told I will get used to it! ;o}}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Women creative grads – this is how you fix the industry

The best Mac antivirus of 2019

Comment diminuer le buffering sur Kodi ?