slipping web pages on PCA

sunnystaines 12:28 25 Jan 2015

anyone else got this I will be reading a page where I have scrolled down then suddenly the page slides to the top again very annoying.

using w8.1 with chrome 64bit, not got this on any other site just PCA.

sunnystaines 15:19 30 Jan 2015

just tried firefox both adblock plus and ghostery work ok together as in chrome noslipping pages.

AroundAgain 17:44 30 Jan 2015

Thanks guys. I've now installed Ghostery to Firefox and so I don't have to feel dizzy etc when the page slips etc :)

However, I think it's a shame we have to download software to overcome this issue.

Cheers

amonra 17:13 01 Feb 2015

Getting a bit annoying now. GRRRRRRRRRR

sunnystaines 16:44 02 Feb 2015

jock I shall keep ghostery very impressed with it, used to have a similar one called donottrackme but it went belly up.

Surprised PCA has not removed it till they sort a fix.

bumpkin 17:20 02 Feb 2015

Surprised PCA has not removed it till they sort a fix.

Removed what?

BT 17:32 02 Feb 2015

Removed what?

The row of links to various pages on PCA that loads in between the masthead and the forum title, ages after everything else, and shuffles everything downwards. Very annoying!

Al94 19:07 02 Feb 2015

Is the mobile site totally broken now? Every thread I click on in the mobile site takes me to an exception encountered message.

Aitchbee 22:01 02 Feb 2015

The 3 recent 'Subjects For Discussion' [on page 1] initiated by 'PC Advisor' seem to be unopenable ... everything else is OK, ie. can be opened up.

lotvic 00:10 03 Feb 2015

HB, can't view the thread but you can get to the Poll results click here scroll down to the bottom where the Poll is in a box and at bottom of box click on link 'View Poll Results' (or just click on my last link to go direct to poll)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo A9 2020 Review

Gorillaz: Reject False Icons review – plenty of music, but where's the art?

New Apple products predictions 2020

Noël (2019) : idées cadeaux & guide d'achat !