Sky One treating it's customers. :-D

User2008 18:39 05 Aug 2008

Stargate: Ark of Truth tonight at 8pm
Stargate: Continuum (not even released til the 18th on DVD and Sky paid for us to see it a week early) Showing next Tuesday at 8pm
Then followed by the next series of Atlantis starting the following Tuesday after that.

Woo Hoo!

Mr Mistoffelees 18:45 05 Aug 2008

"Sky paid for us to see it a week early"

No, Sky's paying customers and advertisers paid for it.

MAJ 23:36 05 Aug 2008

I cancelled my Sky subscription last month. I could no longer stand the adverts or the repeats. Six or seven minutes into a program the ads start, 40 minute programs are placed in a 60 minute slot to allow for 20 minutes of ads, drove me crazy.......... just as you get interested in a documentary, it breaks to run LV insurance or that bloody Churchill dog. As for the repeats, I could play a number of parts (without rehearsal) in programs like Friends, Scrubs, MASH, etc. Free at last................

interzone55 11:02 06 Aug 2008

The Friends Network (formally E4 and E4+1) is available on Freeview, so canceling your Sky subscription is no guarantee that you'll be able to avoid it...

User2008 11:21 06 Aug 2008

I took my Sky sub on, on top of already having Virgin in as I prefer Sky's service.

I pay £30 for Virgin BB, med Phone and XL TV and £21 to Sky. To me it's well worth the money. Virgin TV is now up stairs and Sky in the living room.

alan14 I do not watch any channels belonging to 4 as their broadcasting standards are the worst and they pretty much scrape the barrel.

interzone55 12:30 06 Aug 2008

Channel 4 news is very good, and I'm hooked on Come Dine With Me on More 4. Film 4 has some good films on as well.

You really shouldn't judge a whole channel based on Big Brother.

What I can't understand is why Sky have some many adverts when you have to pay to receive the channels in the first place...

User2008 17:55 06 Aug 2008

Why? It's the amount of money they pour into Premier League and such. They actually made a loss this year see click here

g0nvs 19:19 06 Aug 2008

I got rid of my telly 3 years ago, saved a fortune & I don't even miss it.

NORFOLK SPARKY 20:10 06 Aug 2008

Record the program and fast forward through the adverts, or if you have a pvr set that to record start watching 20 mins late and fast forward the adverts. Finishing the program at the normal time

dagbladet 20:17 06 Aug 2008

"I got rid of my telly.....saved a fortune"

How did you save a fortune?

interzone55 20:20 06 Aug 2008

At least three years of no licence fee for a start I would think. That's the best part of £400. Then if g0nvs previously had Sky or cable that's at least £20 a month saved as well...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?