Hot Topics

This site uses cookies to

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:49 25 May 2018
Answered

Anyone else have problems with PCA cookie policy popping up everytime you change page?

Clicking got it doesn't stop it and manage preferences is the same even if you switch off everything in there and no you can't have access to my data and usage.

244 vendors to switch off no wonder the site is slow sometimes.

Come on PCA sort it out ;0)

alanrwood 16:24 30 May 2018

Have you tried responding to it by clicking on one of the choices.

Govan1x 17:41 30 May 2018

I have and made no difference. Also it is still on Chrome. rather than clicking one of the choices, I have been using the refresh button which stops it from showing.

Just waiting for confirmation that it has been fixed.

Forum Editor 18:25 30 May 2018

We're trying to fix it.

As are the publishers of many other websites. It's an irritation that is widespread - we'll all get there in the end.

Govan1x 19:02 31 May 2018

Not sure if they have fixed it now. But just tried Firefox and Chrome and the bar did not appear.

Govan1x 19:04 31 May 2018

Spoke to soon.it's back.

simonjary 07:52 01 Jun 2018

Please remember that this is at browser level so if you change browser or clear cache/cookies, it will return.

Govan1x 12:12 01 Jun 2018

simonjary

i have my Browser set to clear cookies and cache every time I shut it.

Do you mean that we have to put up with this eyesore every time we open PCA or are you going to have a smaller version.

Forum Editor 09:32 02 Jun 2018

"i have my Browser set to clear cookies and cache every time I shut it."

Which defeats the object of the exercise, really. Why do you want to clear all cookies each time you close your browser? Apart from anything else, it means you'll have to login each time you visit the forum.

Govan1x 12:01 02 Jun 2018

rdave13

So far not having any problems with Google terms and conditions. I dont think that i have seen it pop up yet.

Basically I am using Firefox so not sure what browser you use.

Wouldn't it be great if they ever invented a computer which did not need security programs or add blockers. It would take the stress away from using out modern day computers. its never going to happen but we can only hope.

Govan1x 19:28 02 Jun 2018

Nope do not get that rdave13.

Tried deleting cookies etc using chrome and then restarting it and do not get your privacy reminder.

I can only think that I may have blocked it at some time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

LG gram 14 (2020) review

Best art and design exhibitions still happening in 2020

'Price rise' for iPhone 12 despite lack of accessories

Les meilleurs smartphones Xiaomi (2020)