Hot Topics

This site uses cookies to

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:49 25 May 2018
Answered

Anyone else have problems with PCA cookie policy popping up everytime you change page?

Clicking got it doesn't stop it and manage preferences is the same even if you switch off everything in there and no you can't have access to my data and usage.

244 vendors to switch off no wonder the site is slow sometimes.

Come on PCA sort it out ;0)

Forum Editor 17:16 28 May 2018

"...or because in general it didn't interest us too much."

My guess is that has a lot to do with it. The legislation was pretty dry and uninteresting at first glance, although it should have a marked effect on our lives in the future. As with all new laws, the devil will be in the detail, and no law has any teeth unless you catch the people who break it.

bumpkin 18:24 28 May 2018

The whole thing I find confusing. I am asked to agree to a privacy policy which if I do results in the complete opposite giving them permission to send unwanted communications. To me that means agree to give up your privacy. If I have missunderstood I am happy to be corrected.

Aitchbee 18:35 28 May 2018

I am asked to agree to a privacy policy which if I do results in the complete opposite giving them permission to send unwanted communications. To me that means agree to give up your privacy. If I have missunderstood I am happy to be corrected.

bumpkin - you've hit the proverbial cookie nail on the head.

simonjary 07:13 29 May 2018

All websites that drop cookies (and remember that some cookies are good!) on citizens from the EEA have to now get consent from those users.

You don't get new cookies mining your data, just the usual. Most of these are used to personalise either the site content or advertising on the site. GDPR states that the website user should be able to manage which cookies are dropped. Many websites don't allow this or block content if you don't consent - neither approach is actually proper GDPR compliance. Our unit ins't perfect (and we will continue to refine) but it is more compliant than most.

The law is a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut, and in the end will probably make the Google/Facebook monopolies stronger and everyone else weaker - which I'm sure was not the original intention.

But it's the law, and will remain so even if the UK leaves the EEA as far as we can tell.

alanrwood 15:54 29 May 2018

Hoping it had been sorted by now but I still experience the intrusions on every new page I open.

morddwyd 19:32 29 May 2018

It really id time it was fixed.

No other website seems to have this problem, one click is enough.

canarieslover 20:45 29 May 2018

Every new page on phone and tablet, both Samsung. A real pain in the posterior.

alanrwood 09:09 30 May 2018

Fixed for me however it seems to not have been fixed until you click on one of the choices to accept cookies etc.

john bunyan 11:53 30 May 2018

Seems ok now on Safari and iPhone.

Govan1x 12:05 30 May 2018

Still getting it on Firefox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition: Rumoured specs, availability and more

“Drawing a comic is like directing a movie”: Cartoonist Chendi Xu on her European yarns

Apple Breakfast: iOS 14 public beta & iPhone 12 price rise

Offre exclusive : Windows 10 Pro à seulement 39,99 €