Should she be allowed to return

Al94 22:29 13 Feb 2019

IS schoolgirl

Under no circumstances in my opinion.

Quickbeam 13:05 18 Feb 2019

"...the grandparents are obviously unfit to bring up the child..."

We regularly have the children of incapable parents adopted in this country for various social reasons, I see no reason that the child, the only innocent in this, can't be put into adoption for a decent upbringing.

BT 18:00 18 Feb 2019

coupled with a revocation of their UK citizenship

As far as I'm concerned the moment she decided to leave the UK she gave up her right to British Citizenship.

It was in the past seen as a priviledge to be permitted a British Passport and the protection of it, but when you thumb your nose at it and join a group that is anti British, the right should be withdrawn. As to being made 'Stateless' they should revert to their original historical country of origin.

Quickbeam 18:18 18 Feb 2019

Just heard her speaking on the news, stopping digging her hole doesn't seem to be occurring to her at all...

archie 19:11 19 Feb 2019
  Quickbeam 19:11 19 Feb 2019

It looks like her hole has just collapsed as her citizenship may be removed.

Flak999 19:37 19 Feb 2019

Good news indeed!

Flak999 19:39 19 Feb 2019

Here is a link to a petition some may like to consider signing Petition to the UK Government

Quickbeam 20:21 19 Feb 2019

Those petitions are as worthless as 9 bob notes!

Flak999 20:40 19 Feb 2019

Maybe, but still nearly half a million people have signed this one! Given the state this Government is in, it can ill afford to just disregard those views. Indeed given tonight's news I think it has been listening rather intently to the populations view on this matter!

alanrwood 10:14 21 Feb 2019

Seems to me that this young girl is being treated somewhat differently to other British citizens who went to fight for ISIS. As I understand it British men who actually fought for ISIS and in my opinion much more dangerous that a 19 year old mother have been allowed back and been subject to checks and investigation. It seems that she is being made a scapegoat as she is a soft target.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Stadia review

When 12 countries take on the same brief in a globalised world

Best Apple tech gifts for Christmas 2019

Les meilleurs bracelets connect├ęs (2019)