Should she be allowed to return

Al94 22:29 13 Feb 2019

IS schoolgirl

Under no circumstances in my opinion.

BT 17:23 14 Feb 2019

she might prefer to stay where she is.

Probably not as she has finally realised how women are abused by these terrorists.

Quickbeam 17:34 14 Feb 2019

There's a much harder line now coming from the government this afternoon.

alanrwood 19:54 14 Feb 2019

Since my initial post earlier today I have been very uncomfortable with what I said without giving it more thought. My response was made without sufficient thought and was probably the reaction of most people initially. My further thoughts went on to consider the life of the child which now assumes much greater importance that the anything else. She has, according to other sources, already lost 2 children through lack of proper medical care, one of which was over a year old and died due to lack of food. I have now rethought my position and do not want the sins of the father (in this case mother as well) to be vested on the child who is blameless. Maybe there is some formula which can give the child the support needed to grow into a healthy person without condoning the actions of its mother (and father) such as adoption by the grandparents. I now feel this to be a complicated humanitarian issue which requires consideration without the influence of the natural immediate reaction of most people. There needs top be a solution for the good of the child not the mother and father.

Quickbeam 20:37 14 Feb 2019

Adoption.

qwbos 00:05 16 Feb 2019

It's interesting that so much attention is being focussed on one troubled teenager who might inconvenience citizens of the UK when the trail of destruction left by idiotic wars/invasions in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria goes largely without comment. Venezuela could well be next.

There are millions of innocent men, women and children whose lives have been totally wrecked through no fault of their own.

Instead of worrying about one stupid little girl, think for a moment or two about the Syrian children forced to play football with human heads by their Saudi Arabian, UAE and sundry other sponsored Daesh captors.

wee eddie 01:41 16 Feb 2019

As a Brit, she is allowed to return. However, I'm sure she will be interviewed by the Security Services.

Of course, we have St Kilda available should there be any problem

john bunyan 09:29 16 Feb 2019

If she is married, why can’t she adopt her husbands nationality?

Pine Man 10:13 16 Feb 2019

There needs top be a solution for the good of the child not the mother and father.

I understand your feelings but what about all of the children that will have to grow up without parents as a result of activities carried out by the group she supports/supported?

john bunyan 10:48 16 Feb 2019

I believe her husband is originally Dutch, so is he coming home?

alanrwood 11:45 16 Feb 2019

I believe he is a prisoner elsewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Razr (2019) confirmed: Release date, price and specs

Photoshop for iPad is finally out – but what do designers think?

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Motorola Razr (2019) : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique