A short public service announcement

Forum Editor 17:16 28 Feb 2019

There seems to be a fresh spate of phishing calls from people purporting to be phoning on behalf of BT OpenReach about your broadband speed.

Needless to say, the best response is no response. Don't engage with these people.

Belatucadrus 14:14 01 Mar 2019

Having recently swapped to Plusnet I was perusing my new phone account details and spotted two additional free security options that I could add to the service package, These are Call Protect & Call Barring. Now I may be wrong but I don't remember seeing them on the option list when exchanged providers. I've only just signed up for Call Protect and can't comment on its effectiveness. But the point is as the add goes Every little helps and they may not be the only service provider offering similar extras and add ons, may be worth a logging on to your own providers website and having a look.

qwbos 16:56 01 Mar 2019

That sounds similar to Sky Talk Shield. I keep meaning to try it. Anybody using it and is it effective?

Taff™ 15:01 02 Mar 2019

Yes switched on those two PlusNet features but ...

Doesn't stop a mobile number - three this past two days - phoning claiming to be from OFCOM and my internet is being disconnected ..... yadaa yadaa ...

Radio 5 Live this morning reported that HMRC reports 60,000 reports of phone scams reported now since the email servers Spam Filters are becoming too effective so switch to phone scams

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Les bons plans TV (2019)