Sending something through the post

exdragon 10:56 08 Nov 2016

Anyone up to speed with what you can and can't send through the post? I know you can't send 'normal' batteries, but does this apply to all types? My daughter in New Zealand wanted me to get a Christmas jumper for my granddaughter: it comes complete with lights which flash every time the blasted thing is moved, so even if it does hit the post, I'm sure it won't flash by the time it arrives! They are tiny flat things, encased in hard plastic with no means of turning them off.

I thought I'd better check before returning it and getting my money back. What do you think?

Belatucadrus 11:27 08 Nov 2016

As I see it the ban applies to Lithium ion/polymer/metal/alloy batteries. You can send Alkaline, nickel metal hydride (NiMH) and nickel cadmium (NiCd) batteries but they must be new and in the original packaging.

Click here

Have you tried taking the original batteries and putting insulating tape over one face to act as a circuit breaker, obviously need to advise your daughter to remove it ?

exdragon 11:45 08 Nov 2016

Thanks for that. I can't get at the batteries, they're encased in a hard plastic capsule and can't be removed from the garment. However, I've had a better idea: I'm going to tell her I can't post it and, as they will be coming overe here next June, she can take it back in time for next Christmas! Problem solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch