This seems even more worrying.

Cymro. 13:15 29 Sep 2017

BBC link

So you've sorted out that solid fuel boiler that you thought was giving you a bit of a cough and then the wife says it's chicken for dinner but hold on is the chicken quite as safe as you thought it was.

Forum Editor 15:54 30 Sep 2017

"is the chicken quite as safe as you thought it was."

Who knows? the supermarkets have reacted rapidly to this, and as far as I know, there hasn't been any official report on the FSA's investigation into allegations made by ITV and the Guardian newspaper.

Neither (as far as I'm aware) have their been any recorded cases of food poisoning attributable to eating chicken meat from the supplier in question.

john bunyan 16:42 30 Sep 2017

You need to cook all "fresh" chicken well as a high proportion have e. coli or salmonella.

e.coli

john bunyan 16:45 30 Sep 2017

PS Campylobacter is also prevalent!

Campylobacter

wee eddie 07:37 01 Oct 2017

This will shock some. If you flush the inside of your chicken with a very dilute chlorine solution, you will successfully kill the nasties and be as safe as houses

john bunyan 07:51 01 Oct 2017

That is what they do in USA

BT 09:21 01 Oct 2017

*If you flush the inside of your chicken with a very dilute chlorine solution,-- That is what they do in USA*

Bleach, in other words is what they use, and once it gets onto the meat you will never get rid of the smell..

Americans are obsessed with Bleach and also White Vinegar and Baking Soda for cleaning things.

oresome 11:22 01 Oct 2017

Tesco were knocking 50p off their chickens sourced from this supplier yesterday but the display didn't seem to be attracting many shoppers.

Tesco have altered their advertising to exclude the 'reared exclusively for Tesco' kidology since the exposure that the same production line supplies all the major supermarkets .

Aitchbee 12:50 01 Oct 2017

FYI, about 95% of Lidl's fresh chicken available in Scotland is clearly labelled Scottish chicken with a St Andrew's Cross flag. Some of it is labelled UK with a Union Jack flag. Furthermore, I think most of the processed quick chicken meals contain chicken from other continents ... Asia, usually.

Aitchbee 12:58 01 Oct 2017

PS, I like to cook whole chicken in pressure cooker ... it takes about 45-55 minutes and the juices can be made into a very nice chicken soup stock.

oresome 13:24 01 Oct 2017

FYI, about 95% of Lidl's fresh chicken available in Scotland is clearly labelled Scottish chicken with a St Andrew's Cross flag. Some of it is labelled UK with a Union Jack flag.

I think one of the conclusions from this latest exposure is that just because a label states something, it ain't necessarily so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Artists FriendsWithYou reimagine Snoopy and Charlie Brown for a Peanuts London takeover

iPad Pro 12.9in (2018) review

Les meilleurs smartphones chinois disponibles en France