Sainsbury Has a New Corporate Image.

morddwyd 12:16 06 May 2018

Just been told by Sainsbury that they will no longer use a "designated place " to deliver to disabled people who can't get to the front door to sign for their order.

It that's an example of how the new company will work, it sucks.

Aitchbee 13:01 06 May 2018

Probably got something to do with the proposed £10 billion merger with ASDA.

wee eddie 13:44 06 May 2018

I wouldn't worry, there are plenty more fish in the sea.

I had heard that one of the other Supermarket Groups had had complaints about refrigerated goods spoiling while waiting to be picked up

bumpkin 15:04 06 May 2018

i can't see what is wrong with a designated space providing you take responsibility for it.

I had heard that one of the other Supermarket Groups had had complaints about refrigerated goods spoiling while waiting to be picked up Whose fault is that in your opinion. If you order frozen goods it is obvious that they need to be kept frozen unless you wish to use them.

BT 08:20 07 May 2018

I have my shopping delivered by Tesco and don't know about 'Designated Spaces'. I'm not even sure that Tesco offer this option. I'm a bit slow in getting to the door some days but having used the Home delivery service for several years now most of the drivers who come know me now and allow for this as well as bringing the boxes right into my kitchen to be unpacked.

morddwyd 09:03 07 May 2018

Not just a matter of time, but simply not being able to get to the door, even if I am up and dressed, which is by no means a given.

The "designated place" (sorry I should have said "place " not "space" ) option is offered by most couriers, the only exception I know of is ParcelForce and I have an arrangement with my local driver. I get three or four paces a week, up to £1000 in value (a Surface Book for instance), including my main meals which are all frozen.

I have a notice on the door anyway asking for deliveries to be left. This has worked for more than ten yeast, some drivers taking a photo of the notice and/or the goods. It has worked in the past with Sainsbury too but there seems to have been a change of policy.

Cymro. 09:20 07 May 2018

People in this situation have my sympathy but I still don't have an answer for them apart from the obvious one of take your business elsewhere. Perhaps if you could get hold of the most senior executive and get a letter to him personally

morddwyd 12:16 07 May 2018

Have heard back from Sainsbury this morning that it is now a legal requirement for someone over 18 to sign for goods.

Apart from age sensitive stuff like booze and tobacco this is a new requirement and seems to have been slipped in unnoticed. This will have tremendous implications for couriers across the country.

beeuuem~2 16:41 07 May 2018

Did Sainsbury's give chapter and verse on this? Which law/regulation?

morddwyd 17:19 07 May 2018

I'm waiting to hear!

BT 17:39 07 May 2018

Have heard back from Sainsbury this morning that it is now a legal requirement for someone over 18 to sign for goods.

This has always been the case with Tesco Home Delivery

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

How to learn 3D modelling in Blender

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs jeux pour apprendre à coder