Hot Topics

Rugby. World cup bloody fantastic

Ungus 19:35 03 Oct 2015

I don't think my liver can survive this abuse. This world cup has been the best yet, I haven't missed a match yet and its still anyone's to win in the tier one teams. Really fancy Ireland or New Zealand to win it.

Quickbeam 19:39 03 Oct 2015

New Zealand were dropping the ball left right and centre against Georgia on Thursday!

As for a fantastic tourney, I'll reserve my opinion until about 10pm...

john bunyan 19:56 03 Oct 2015

Sorry Scotland did not beat S A. About to watch England vs Australia but am not confident!!

kad292 20:24 03 Oct 2015

Scotland put up a spirited response in the second half but i left at 26-16 so overall not surprised of their defeat.The Aussies will be eager beyond measure to pull a victory out of this game, England have shown themselves susceptible so should be a cracker.Not watching at home so read the result later.

Ungus 21:16 03 Oct 2015

You probably won't believe me but I really hope England don't go out at this stage it would be bad for the competition as a whole. As for Scotland I think if we get to the quarters it will be considered a success measured against recent times, but at least Vern has got pride back in the thistle.

kad292 22:06 03 Oct 2015

Well just seen the news,humiliation for England and congrats to the Aussies.

john bunyan 22:06 03 Oct 2015

England were not good enough. Lost to Wales and Australia at Twickenham of all places. Not bad luck, the others were better - far too many English mistakes, particularly giving away penalties. I will cheer for Scotland and Wales from now in the cup!!

Ungus 22:12 03 Oct 2015

I think the tournament will be poorer for Albion's exit but its sport and in sport you always look forward to the next time. The Ausis ook like a good team and it looks like if things go to firm Scotland will play them in the quarters and that will be a very tough gig for the thistle. Good thing about rugby is we all go the bar and get drunk.

bumpkin 22:35 03 Oct 2015

* Good thing about rugby is we all go to the bar and get drunk.*

Well everything has to have something going for it.

Quickbeam 04:42 04 Oct 2015

I wish I'd gone to see The Martian instead of the crappy B disaster movie I saw.

morddwyd 08:05 04 Oct 2015

Sorry, I don't agree. Most matches have been decided by which team has been caught cheating most times (penalties).

This is meant to be a handling game, but most points are scored from the boot( I speak as a kicker, penalty, place and drop, myself). A kick at goal should only be permitted, as, though it grieves me to say it, takes place in soccer, when the offence stops a realistic chance of a score. A minor offside in a maul 15 metres outside the 25 goes not fit in that category.

I know , I'm of a different generation, but it would be interesting to know the proportion of points scored by penalties, as opposed to playing rugby football!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to make yourself look better on a webcam

Doraemon postage stamps? Yes please!

Users report serious problems with macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Les clés Windows pas chères fonctionnent-elles ?