A Reilly Major Life Changer!

morddwyd 09:42 21 Aug 2016

I've been having a few stomach upsets over recent months and by a process of elimination,tried and retried I've come to the shattering conclusion that I must give up my daily glass of sherry!

One's quality of life gets ever poorer.

davecartman 09:48 21 Aug 2016

You are absolutely right. A large port and brandy would be far better than sherry.

morddwyd 10:16 21 Aug 2016

"works wonders for the digestion, "

Yes but not for the overnight bladder!

flycatcher1 10:25 21 Aug 2016

Years ago I suffered from kidney stones in Tripoli, sorted out excellent Army Medics, and I was told by the Consultant to stop drinking spirits and move on to beer. I always take medical advice, well nearly, so I started to drink beer. During travels in far of places serving Queen and Country I found that beer drinkers had very few stomach upsets, soft drinkers more and the with the spirit drinkers we never knew - and nor did they. I still keep it up but now my capacity is somewhat limited.

oresome 13:18 21 Aug 2016

You could try drinking the sherry at a different time of day or after a meal etc.

It's worth a little experimentation if you enjoy a tipple.

I take a daily aspirin and had to experiment to find a time of day when it didn't upset my stomach. Fortunately, wine with a meal gives me no ill effects.

bumpkin 14:23 21 Aug 2016

One's quality of life gets ever poorer.

Not if the port and brandy agrees with you :-)

wee eddie 14:50 21 Aug 2016

I doubt that it's the Sherry.

Maybe your analysis is erroneous!

NevenLand 14:57 21 Aug 2016

Sherry?? Are you a 54 year old soccer mom?

BT 17:12 21 Aug 2016

Sherry?? Are you a 54 year old soccer mom?

Each to his own. A little of what you fancy does you good!(So they say)

morddwyd 19:23 21 Aug 2016

Some interesting points!

The direct opposite of Flycatcher, a service doctor told me in 1964 to stop drinking beer and only drink clear spirits. Thirty years later, in the Falklands I was still known as "The Bacardi Kid"!

Drinking at a different time of the day is not much of an option with sherry, it's one of those drinks that requires a certain mindset, like pre or post post prandial! On Google Earth my late wife and I are recorded for eternal posterity sitting in our porch having a pre-lunch sherry!

Can't stagger my aspirin much either. As I've posted before, I take 12 x 300mG a day , the max allowed, the last ones just before bed at 10.45[m!

bumpkin 20:16 21 Aug 2016

Is there no alternative to the aspirin which is known to cause stomach problems. 12 a day seems a huge amount, is your doctor aware of this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The new Xbox is called the Xbox Series X

The best new design books

Mac Pro 2019 release date, price, features & specs

Amazon : plein de r├ęductions sur des produits Logitech G