Hot Topics

Recycling of Laser Toner Cartridges

wee eddie 17:36 30 Jan 2020
Answered

Has anyone any experience of the recycling of Laser Toner Cartridges?

I've Googled it, and am now thoroughly confused

Gordon Freeman 13:33 31 Jan 2020

I recycle the Oki ones for my laser printer, not done one for a while though.

The toner cartridge box usually has a recycle bag in it. On the oki site there are instructions, plus you can download a free returns label from their site.

Not sure what printer you have, but for the oki recycle scheme, I pack the old toner cartridge into the recycle bag, put in box, seal, attach freepost label, take to post office, done. Quite simple once you've done it a few times.

wee eddie 15:14 31 Jan 2020

It's a Samsung CLP325, but I got the Cartridges from Choice Stationary and they're their own brand as they were approximately 50% cheaper. Choice don't do recycling

Belatucadrus 15:51 31 Jan 2020

This any good ?

They used to have collection bins at Currys PC World but I'm not sure if they still do this.

mrgrumpy 16:11 31 Jan 2020

Hi eddie I have sent an email to pc world customer services for you to see if they still accept toner cartridges for recycling , I will post the reply here.

wee eddie 21:34 31 Jan 2020

Mr G: I have just done that. Thanks for the idea

Forum Editor 11:42 01 Feb 2020
Answer

Cuurys/PCWorld will take just about any electrical or electronic product for recycling, whether you bought the item there or not. Toner cartridges are included.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

5 video games we want to see as movies

You've watched Parasite, now read the storyboards in comic book form

The best games on Apple Arcade

Les meilleures lumières connectées (2020)