Reading Festival loses the plot

Clapton is God 08:38 27 Aug 2018

When I attended the Reading Festival back in the 70s it was a proper festival, i.e. rock music.

The BBC website today tells me that this weekend's festival has been dominated by rap "music" or, as it should be correctly spelt, crap "music".

What has the world come to?

Quickbeam 17:25 29 Aug 2018

Only if they used the eco friendly compostable ones, but they're not, they're the nylon and plastic type.

Forum Editor 18:26 29 Aug 2018

I imagine that the cost of a weekend camping ticket made the cost of a tent a minor consideration.

The organisers could easily resolve this problem by insisting that camping ticket purchasers have to buy a disposable tent with the ticket - produce the ticket on arrival, and pick up your disposable tent.

wee eddie 19:27 29 Aug 2018

If you were to consider the state of a tent, after the soaking wet festival, is it surprising that few took theirs home with them

Quickbeam 19:38 29 Aug 2018

The tent i used in the '70s was a few years old at the time and still used into the '80s... we don't throw good boots away when they get muddy!

There's a great irony in the young generation that claim to be the anti single use plastic that pollutes the earth generation, and then leaves these tents which is like leaving thousands of empty pop bottles on a beach after the skinny dipping party...

Aitchbee 19:52 29 Aug 2018

FE, I would include an inflatable airbed as a optional extra as they seem to be popular.

Belatucadrus 21:13 29 Aug 2018

There are charities that collect the tents and where possible pass them on to people who need them. They do however prefer it if you leave all the packaging and instructions with the tent.

Quickbeam 06:38 30 Aug 2018

The organisers pointed out that there is widespread belief that charities put the tents to a good use, and that the practice of abandoning their tents for a greater cause is a red herring. The reality is liat they just get skiped in the race to clear the site within 24 hours before the hand back of the land.

Next year they intend to make this known.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

Best Wacom deals for Easter

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?