Rage for Christmas?

OTT_Buzzard 17:18 14 Dec 2009

There's quite a big movement this year to prevent the X Factor winner from reaching the coveted Christmas number 1. It comes in the form of urging people to buy Rage Against the machine - Killing in the Name of.

Personally, I kinda support this action, as militant as it might be. Not because I dislike the X Factor (I don't often watch it) or the winner.

It's more becuase I don't like the knock on affect it has on the rest of the UK music industry. Putting karaoke singers on public trial for a few months is not the same as trialling musicians who can write, produce and perform their own music. For every X Factor winner out there, that's one other act that is displaced and less original talent that gets heard.
Maybe if the X Factor had shows where the 'candidates' are expected to write and produce their own music it might make a world of difference to the results......

I'm not saying that all X factor winners are creatively inept, but I've not seen much evidence to the contrary.

Apparently some 700000 Facebook group members think on similar lines. How about the PCA community?

wee eddie 12:45 20 Dec 2009

In the early hours @ about 3am or so.

Joseph Kerr 16:19 20 Dec 2009

When do we find out? Is it still 4pm (looks at clock, its 16:15).?

OTT_Buzzard 16:26 20 Dec 2009

Should be about 6.45 on Radio 1

Joseph Kerr 16:41 20 Dec 2009

Thanks. I'm sure the result will be all over facebook and maybe even here too. Anyone know when they stop counting?

Joseph Kerr 17:18 20 Dec 2009

It'll be a wee while yet as theyre still in the mid 20s of the countdown.

OTT_Buzzard 17:45 20 Dec 2009

Last sales included in this weeks chart were at 23:59 last night. The number 1 single is usually played at around 18:50ish on the Sunday night.

Since the number 2 single will say what the number one is, we should know at aroudn 18:45.

Joseph Kerr 18:51 20 Dec 2009

RATM did it.

OTT_Buzzard 18:52 20 Dec 2009

RAAAAAAGGGGEEEEEEE ONNNNNNNNN!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 review

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2019

macOS Catalina: Latest Version, Updates, Problems, Fixes & Features

Les meilleurs téléphones Android (à moins de 600 €)