"I Don't want To Live Forever...

Quickbeam 07:06 29 Dec 2015

...But Apparently I Am"

The death of the best ever rock line goes with Lemmy.

I first saw him in the mid '70s with Hawkwind.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 08:38 29 Dec 2015

this was done on a TV advert last year.

Quickbeam 08:46 29 Dec 2015

That's right, his natural furious playing style was at over 140 beats per minute, but it was only on hearing the slow version that I realised that the best ever rock line was contained within!

Belatucadrus 11:16 29 Dec 2015

Even his fans in the rock music fraternity have no idea how he lived so long, combine a lifetime consuming prodigious quantities of alcohol and recreational pharmaceuticals with diabetes and cancer it's amazing he reached seventy.

RIP Lemmy a total loony and a character in the true sense.

spuds 11:53 29 Dec 2015

For anyone who wants to catch up with a legend. Here's a forty nine minute documentary of Lemmy and Motorhead click here

rickf 15:18 29 Dec 2015

End of an era. It's amazing that he carried on for so long with his failing health for quite some time. Hawkwind was amazing. Through them I discovered the Westbury (Japanese) LP copy. Excellent guitar and much sort after nowadays. It's strange how many seems to die this time of year.

Forum Editor 09:40 30 Dec 2015

"It's strange how many seems to die this time of year."

Lots of famous people die all through the year. Our brains like patterns and rhythms, so they find them. You think that more people die around Christmas because your brain thinks it has detected a possible link to an important time.

It's wrong, but the idea intrigues you.

Belatucadrus 11:29 30 Dec 2015

In his case the group theory may have a point, his friend and co-loony Phil Taylor had just died, failing health, terminal prognosis, people planning his wake. I think he just decided %/** it I'm off.

Belatucadrus 21:04 06 Jan 2016

Seems the fans have started a petition to get one of the newly found elements named " Lemmium ". I would just love to be sat in on some chemistry class where Teach has the unenviable task of explaining Ian Fraser Kilmister to the class.

Quickbeam 06:51 07 Jan 2016

Klass!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

2019's best up-and-coming illustrators

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment utiliser une manette PS4 ou Xbox One sur votre Mac ?