The Press world has finally lost the plot ...

Clapton is God 10:34 19 Dec 2018

... virtually every newspaper this morning as well as the BBC website has a headline about some football manager or other being sacked from his job.

Who cares?

A lot of people need to get a life.

Forum Editor 10:57 19 Dec 2018

"Who cares?"

Millions of people - football fans all over the world are interested in that kind of thing.

In the same way, millions are interested in so-called celebrities behaving like children in the Australian jungle, or on Love Island.

Govan1x 11:06 19 Dec 2018

Thought it was going to be another Brexit story and all the scaremongering.

It is world news so most papers will cover it.

Maybe if we do leave the EU we can can cut down on foreign players and managers that are allowed into the UK. Unfortunately at the moment it is an open door to all.

They were going to limit it to two foreign players a team but of course with EU rules that was not allowed.

Clapton is God 11:10 19 Dec 2018

Forum Editor

OK, I'll amend what I said earlier. I should have said - millions of people need to get a life.

Forum Editor 11:15 19 Dec 2018

"They were going to limit it to two foreign players a team but of course with EU rules that was not allowed."

Premier league clubs are permitted to name a squad of 25 players, and 17 of them can be foreigners.

Forum Editor 11:19 19 Dec 2018

"I should have said - millions of people need to get a life".

To which they might respond that someone who thinks Eric Clapton is a God needs to get a life. We're all different, and entitled to like what we like, without running the risk of someone telling us we need to get a life.

Govan1x 11:30 19 Dec 2018

Premier league clubs are permitted to name a squad of 25 players, and 17 of them can be foreigners.

Yes but even you should remember when the FA wanted it to be curtailed to two players a team.

The class of our footballers in the UK had slumped partly because we could not bring on our young players as it was easier to pick foreign players.

It is not hard to see the difference.

Years ago the UK had world class players that would play all over the world.

Nowadays it is hard to pick any world class players in the UK

We need to start at the grass routes again and bring up more young stars like we used to.

We cant do that at the moment.

Clapton is God 11:32 19 Dec 2018

Forum Editor

"someone who thinks Eric Clapton is a God needs to get a life".

And who might that "someone" be? It's not me.

My forum name is simply a quote from the graffiti which appeared on London walls in the 1960s. Check your rock history.

Belatucadrus 11:36 19 Dec 2018

Besides as everybody knows, Peter Green is God, Clapton is Good, not God.

Old Deuteronomy 11:47 19 Dec 2018

There is no god...

john bunyan 12:13 19 Dec 2018

The Press cover what sells newspapers. I think when Megan announced her pregnancy, one paper had about 6 pages on it, all of no interest to me. Stick with the Financial Times for news if you don’t want popular stuff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The best of Gamescom 2019

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones incassables (2019)