Prefetch, where do you stand then?

fleamailman 21:26 28 Apr 2006

Three camps here:

#leave the contents of the prefetch well alone.
#delete the contents of the prefetch for x or y reason.
#delete the contents of the prefitch leaving only the layout.bat for x or y reason.

So tell me, both which camp, and which situation your camp choice is based on.

VoG II 21:38 28 Apr 2006

Disable - click here for explanation.

remind 22:39 28 Apr 2006

Just let it do its job
click here

remind 22:57 28 Apr 2006

regarding your post about re-installing when you get malware - why not use Windows 98 - you can have that installed and running in 10 minutes if you have the cab files on hard-drive and suitable setup.inf file...just a thought

Forum Editor 22:59 28 Apr 2006

by clearing the prefetch folder is seriously deluding themselves - it simply won't work. In fact, it can have the opposite effect.

Leave the prefetch alone - it's there for a reason.

fleamailman 23:47 28 Apr 2006

remind, thanks for that idea the only drawback to window98se is plug and play. But today even though as I have explained it doesn't really concern me I thought this topic would draw interest then.

I thought this link might interest poeple and please forgive the term joe duncehead(He was around before the editor here gave his answer here) btw I placed this thread here to make this site interesting, I believe there is room for arguments and counter arguments here but not for malice towards those who do not share your opinion towards this matter.

click here=

fleamailman 23:48 28 Apr 2006
  wolfie3000 00:04 29 Apr 2006

i clean out my pc with ccleaner and there is a setting so you dont wipe off the prefetch files.

So i dont wipe mine i just leave them.

remind 00:51 29 Apr 2006

The prefetch setting in CCleaner only cleans out `old` prefetch data, it's safe in that respect - it doesn't wipe everything in your prefetch folder indiscriminately.

remind 01:19 29 Apr 2006

Have you ever encountered Andrew K or Mastertech in your travels? Look up Firefox Myths (pah!) if not.

remind 01:21 29 Apr 2006

Not discounting your post BTW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?