Posted by XXXXXX on YYYYY @ TTTTTTT

HondaMan 11:42 06 Apr 2018
Answered

Looking at this post, it would be helpful, to me at least, to know when the thread was started, we already know by whom, but the date would help put it in context with the current time

1]: [click here

bremner 12:28 06 Apr 2018

It says alongside bumpkins name

20:33 20 Mar 2018

Am I missing something?

Pablo de Catio 12:39 06 Apr 2018

The last three postings were deleted. Aitchbee and myself posted late last night. That is why the thread has been bumped.

I do not wish to say WHY the postings have been deleted because i may be rebuked.

Govan1x 13:01 06 Apr 2018

Date is on it for me as well.

The spammer gets removed. The person that reported the spammer will also be removed and sometimes there is more than 1 spammer.

Gordon Freeman 13:12 06 Apr 2018

I think what HondaMan might be referring to is when you view 'speakers corner' [or other forum area] page as a whole; the date/time/by whom that the original thread was started is not shown. "Looking at this post, it would be helpful, to me at least, to know when the thread was started"

What is shown is the date/time of the last comment/post to the thread, but not when it was started, or by whom.

Am sure this has been mentioned previously.

Archie44 13:16 06 Apr 2018

Could a child posted this or a teen

Gordon Freeman 13:17 06 Apr 2018

Correction; it does show the originator of the thread, but not when it was started.

Govan1x 13:29 06 Apr 2018

it was started on 11:42 06 Apr 2018 .

Not sure what you are looking for. You have to open the thread to get the post date.

Govan1x 13:32 06 Apr 2018

Oops it was started by bumpkin 20:33 20 Mar 2018.

Aitchbee 13:45 06 Apr 2018

I do not wish to say WHY the postings have been deleted because i may be rebuked.

Pablo de Catio; I can see the logic in your diplomacy and likewise will not comment any further on the matter.

Gordon Freeman 13:53 06 Apr 2018

Not sure what you are looking for. You have to open the thread to get the post date.

Unless I've misunderstood what HondaMan meant, isn't that the point of the thread?? The need to open the thread in order to identify when it was started, as opposed to it being shown next to the originators name, without the need to open the thread?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple