Hot Topics

Post Office 1 v 0 Plymouth Council - Who were the losers?

Taff™ 08:28 18 Apr 2013
Answered

Post Office Seal Post Box

The problem is that common sense isn't that common any more but I had to chuckle reading this one. In what was a First Division relegation battle I think the Post Office won but guess who were the losers? In my opinion the Public lost out again.

carver 11:15 18 Apr 2013

Read here, "council spokesman said it was not normal practice to issue fines to a *Royal Mail * van being used to collect post. He said: “This was obviously an error and an isolated incident and had Royal Mail submitted an appeal, we would have cancelled the fine immediately."

Quickbeam 11:19 18 Apr 2013

Storm in a teacup, as they say.

carver 11:27 18 Apr 2013

Quickbeam the Royal Mail soon stamped on the idea of paying

spuds 12:04 18 Apr 2013

I do not know how the law works nowadays, but in my days in law enforcement on vehicles, it was a golden rule that vehicles displaying the King Or Queen's crown, and that included Royal Mail vehicle's were exempt in situations like this.

Quickbeam 12:07 18 Apr 2013

Can the person who issued the ticket be hanged for impeding the Royal Mail and treason then?

bumpkin 13:49 18 Apr 2013

The Post Office did write a letter but were unable to send it as they had sealed up the post box:-)

HondaMan 15:12 18 Apr 2013

** it was a golden rule that vehicles displaying the King Or Queen's crown .....,

Read more: http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/forums/16/speakers-corner/4224434/post-office-1-v-0-plymouth-council--who-were-the-losers/#ixzz2Qp9AGCQA **

There used to be a story, apparently true which asked the question:

If a post van, police car, fire engine and ambulance arrived at an uncontrolled cross roads, who had priority?

Answer, the post van as it was the only one bearing the Crown

bumpkin 15:35 18 Apr 2013

HondaMan, What is the purpose of that link?

carver 15:57 18 Apr 2013

He just forgot to delete it.

Joseph Kerr 16:40 18 Apr 2013

Simple, stupid mistake gets made, idiot reacts idiotically. What do those Meerkats say?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Huawei Mate Xs could’ve been the first great big-screen foldable

Creatives in China won't find this flag on Adobe, Getty or Shutterstock

The best games on Apple Arcade

Microsoft Surface Duo confirmé : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique