Pork Pies and Champagne Removed from the Basket...

oresome 16:21 13 Mar 2018

....of goods used to calculate the cost of living index.

The pork pie has been replaced with quiche. I reckon it's the health conscious southerners that are swinging the basket their way. It'll be black pudding and faggots for the chop next.

click here

Matt. 16:30 13 Mar 2018

I haven't fancied a pork pie since as a child finding a pigs tooth in one!

oresome 16:52 13 Mar 2018

I did find a pigs tooth in a tub of brawn once.

I admit it does tend to put you off the product!

Forum Editor 17:02 13 Mar 2018

"I reckon it's the health conscious southerners..."

Shouldn't we all be health-conscious?

This health-conscious Southerner likes the occasional Melton Mowbray pie, and black pudding with eggs, bacon and mushrooms is delicious start to the day - just not every day.

wee eddie 18:04 13 Mar 2018

Champagne has been superseded by Prosecco

Forum Editor 18:24 13 Mar 2018

Not in my house.

Quickbeam 18:49 13 Mar 2018

I prefer Grolsch and a scotch mutton pie, all the sparkling wines and ciders give me terrible heartburn!

Quickbeam 19:05 13 Mar 2018

Some North Vs South, or anywhere else food variations...

My pet hate for a breakfast is beans & brown sauce. For me it's tinned (yes I know... them again) tomatoes & 1/2" thick toast doorsteps dripping in butter, also, not everyday!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:52 13 Mar 2018

Cold cheese and ham last week and next week for breakfast as I'm in Germany again.

making up for it this week with a good old bacon sarnie.

Old Deuteronomy 20:20 13 Mar 2018

The pork pie has been replaced with quiche. I reckon it's the health conscious southerners that are swinging the basket their way. It'll be black pudding and faggots for the chop next.

The local farmshop has excellent pork pies, made on site and whilst I don't like black pudding, I do like faggots from our local butcher.

I'm a proper Southerner, lived in Somerset all my life.

bumpkin 21:37 13 Mar 2018

I haven't fancied a pork pie since as a child finding a pigs tooth in one!

Nothing wrong with a pie with a bit of bite in the flavour.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

When is the best time to buy an iPhone?

Quel antivirus gratuit choisir pour un PC ?