Please sort out the cookie problem on this website

Clapton is God 10:03 14 Mar 2019

Every 30 seconds the Cookie message keeps popping up - in spite of me having managed my preferences innumerable times this morning.

And each time the message pops up, my preferences have yet again reverted to the default setting.

amonra9 18:06 17 Mar 2019

yes, click on "Save and exit" but still comes back.... grrrrrrr

john bunyan 18:46 17 Mar 2019

Yes; still a problem on IE ( ok on iPhone on Safari) . So annoying it is curtailing my viewing

martd7 22:19 17 Mar 2019

Comes up on my phone using Chrome but not on the PC using Chrome

LastChip 20:59 20 Mar 2019

Is this still an issue for everyone, or is it just me?

The problem is, the banner is so obtrusive, it takes up about 25% of the available screen space.

Forum Editor 23:03 20 Mar 2019

It's not happening for me any more in Chrome, Firefox or Opera.

LastChip 23:20 20 Mar 2019

Based on your feedback FE, I just reset the cookies and it's still the same with the banner popping up on every page change. Firefox 65.0.1.

So other members please, am I alone or are you still getting this?

Menzie 00:02 21 Mar 2019

I'm in Britain for a brief visit and all of a sudden I now get the cookies pop-up.

It isn't just for this site but every single site I visit and it never seems to remember the settings. I'm using Firefox on Android.

This never popped up when browsing in Canada.

john bunyan 16:29 21 Mar 2019

Still here on IE 12. Very slow to load due to long running script and it ignores my "Got it" entry Page so slow to load - annoying.

bremner 17:01 21 Mar 2019

Menzies

It is because of new EU wide legislation (GDPR). I cannot explain why it does nor remember you unless you ave the device set to no cookies.

KEITH 1955 20:12 21 Mar 2019

I use edge and I only get the cookie banner after the first time I have used ccleaner

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Camera Phones 2019

Adobe reveals Recolor for Illustrator - change an illustration instantly with real-world tones

Apple recalls wall plugs over safety fears, find out if you are affected

Rappel de sécurité Apple : adaptateurs avec prise murale