please pay your respects to the fallen

KEITH 1955 18:43 09 Nov 2018

I don't care what colour you are or what religion you are. I don't care what country you or your relatives live/lived in. I don't think it even matters what conflict you or your relatives where involved in. Please pay your respects on Sunday , why ? ….. because you can only die once and without people making the ultimate sacrifice you might not be reading this , thank you.

Aitchbee 21:33 09 Nov 2018

off subject but I'll be celebrating my father's 100 birthday on 15th november [if he were alive]. He was a soldier and got wounded in WW2 aged 19, my nephew is 26 and is in the Army now 100 years later; there seems to be an inevitability [Status Quo] that warfare will never end.

LastChip 21:34 09 Nov 2018

To forget history, is to invite conflict.

One should never forget.

Aitchbee 21:39 09 Nov 2018

I may have got the age of my father wrong, he was about 22 when he got wounded.

Menzie 13:46 10 Nov 2018

I just discovered that in addition to the physical poppies they have a digital one now too.

Here you can go online to the Royal Canadian Legion site and can donate directly for a digital Poppy.

Do they have something similar in the UK now?

Forum Editor 13:51 10 Nov 2018

"Do they have something similar in the UK now?"

Yes, we do.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?