A Place To Play

crosstrainer 14:23 21 Feb 2009

...With my new car. Perhaps a little childish I know, but does anyone know of anywhere in Wales (not Pendine sands, don't want rust :))

Where I can legally test the capabilities of my new car? I'm not really interested in shredding my tyres or screaming around corners....Something like a disused runway where they allow such things would be good.

As yet, the car has only pottered about and I have a clean licence which I intend to keep.

All sensible suggestions welcome!

Brumas 14:38 21 Feb 2009

Come and pick me up from North Northumberland, the trip here will give you chance to test it and then you could give moi, a mere mortal, a chauffeur driven spin to appreciate it :o)

crosstrainer 14:41 21 Feb 2009

I would be happy to! But that would mean sticking to the speed limit :)) I'm looking for a nice straight section of tarmac where I can really find out if it does what it Say's on the tin (or manual if you prefer!)

crosstrainer 14:49 21 Feb 2009

The other issue with a trip of that distance would be that according to the doctor, I have to stop every half hour and walk around for fifteen minutes to avoid dvt recurrence!

Based on that (and adhering to legal speeds) the trip would take about 9 hours :))

Cymro. 15:28 21 Feb 2009

Would a disused airfield suit you. There are a few around Wales and you could find one on Google perhaps.

crosstrainer 15:31 21 Feb 2009

Tried that, none that are not full of potholes and not open for public use :((

Plenty of "Track Day's" but I don't want to smash up a brand new M5 tourer :))

Forum Editor 17:16 21 Feb 2009

if it does what it Say's on the tin"

It does.

I drove one from Tuscany to Venice about six months ago - not my car, but someone in the family. I flew to Tuscany for a birthday weekend and the family member was not keen on doing the drive herself. I drove her down to meet her husband and flew home from there. The car was four months old.

You won't be disappointed.

Brumas 17:35 21 Feb 2009

:o((

sunnystaines 17:52 21 Feb 2009

autobhan germany

Kevscar1 18:48 21 Feb 2009

Cardiff Airport

laurie53 19:39 21 Feb 2009

Pembrey, Llandow, Angle is probably too distressed by now, I was thrown out of a jeep there in '56, and I don't suppose it's improved any!

(might now be housing estates - long time since I was down there!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?