Personality traits on social media analysed

oresome 09:32 02 Nov 2016

to calculate the premium for your car insurance.

Come across as cocksure of yourself and the premium will rise. Take a more considered approach to life and you'll get more favourable terms.

From this point forward, I will not engage in arguments with fellow forum members or become assertive. I will listen to your point of view and welcome it as a valuable contribution to any debate.

click here

Forum Editor 09:37 02 Nov 2016

Just one of the many reasons why I tend to steer clear of social media.

john bunyan 09:53 02 Nov 2016

I do not use or subscribe to Facebook, twitter etc.

OTT_B 09:58 02 Nov 2016

I wonder if they'll try increasing the premiums of anyone they can't analyse through social media? I know they've said that it could supply a 'discount', but if the starting proce increases then the discount is worth nothing.

Aitchbee 11:05 02 Nov 2016

I will not engage in arguments with fellow forum members or become assertive. I will listen to your point of view and welcome it as a valuable contribution to any debate.

Sarcastic comments sometimes pass-through-the-NET ... unseen.

lotvic 12:26 02 Nov 2016

Foiled (for now) click here

Admiral has been forced to pull a new initiative that used Facebook to analyse the personalities of car owners and set the price of their insurance after the social media site blocked it

oresome 13:35 02 Nov 2016

On reflection, it might have been a good idea to have discussed the data mining technique with Facebook before launch, but what do I know.

lotvic 14:35 02 Nov 2016

oresome, I had same thought when I read the article. LOL

Brumas2 18:10 02 Nov 2016

Forum Editor, john bunyan, echo that!!

bumpkin 19:04 02 Nov 2016

I can't see how they can calculate a premium on that basis anyway. I agree they should have consulted Facebook first and would have expected them to refuse. Whether one likes that kind of media (I don't use it) or not that is not its intended purpose.

bumpkin 19:08 02 Nov 2016

Whatever money they spent on this would have been better used investigating fraudulent claims.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 7T Pro review

Kristina Bold is a font based on a stroke survivor's handwriting

The best games on Apple Arcade

Les meilleures séries Netflix (2019)