Hot Topics

pensioners dragging some countries down

Govan1x 12:16 20 May 2020

Watching RT news about 5 days ago they were interviewing a well respected person on the financial market who worked for large companies but decided he was better just doing it for himself..

Hedge funds and pension funds were being run by people with not enough knowledge of what they were doing.

But his big statement was that pensioners were a handicap to all governments as they were costing governments to much.

Governments will have to think what to do about pensioners.

maybe give them a little pill when they get to retirement age. he never said that of course I did.

Made me wonder with this virus going about maybe it was started deliberately as Trump thinks and maybe got out of hand.

I cant remember who said this whether Obama or Trump there should be no further world wars as we now have a virus that can be used to wipe out a nation without harming any other country. Probably Trump.

Governments will now pay out less to pensioners due to their virus problems

I just thought with that speech and and the way things are working out i may have added 2 + 2 and got the wrong answer

Just a theory that will get shot down rather quickly. But still a theory.

alanrwood 12:40 20 May 2020

Hi G

Please don't start another conspiracy theory. We already have enough false news etc as it is.

Govan1x 16:28 20 May 2020

I know what you are saying. The first part about pensioners being a burden to all countries was true as I listened to it Live.

The other part about saying under germ warfare they have a virus that can can wipe out certain speices of humans was said by one of the Presidents of the US.

The point that it was started deliberately was also said by Trump..

The part that I said about being targeted at pensioners Is one that I made up to suit the facts. It is the only bit of Fiction or non fiction in it.

Giving pensioners a pill at retirement age is from a film of yesteryear when all who reached a certain age were eliminated so blame the film for that.

I would also assume that Trump must know more about this virus than most others. It does not mean he is correct though. only time will tell.

The only part of this that upsets me is that the person that made the comments was more interested in making money and has absolutely no time for pensioners as they seem to be eating into his proffits.

bremner 17:45 20 May 2020

"I would also assume that Trump must know more about this virus than most others"

Funniest thing I have heard for ages - Injecting disinfectant comes to mind

BT 17:49 20 May 2020

Giving pensioners a pill at retirement age is from a film of yesteryear when all who reached a certain age were eliminated so blame the film for that.

Soylent Green

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:56 20 May 2020

and Logan's Run

wee eddie 18:30 20 May 2020

Soylent Green is most likely scenario

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:59 20 May 2020

What use are pensioners to the government, they have to be paid a pension (that they contributed to for 40 yrs), they don't work (just spend their savings keeping the economy afloat) and the really old ones are often to gaga to vote.

Oh yes one has just raised 32 million for the NHS which we the government has been under funding for years.

:0)

Quickbeam 06:35 21 May 2020

wee eddie... lol!

alanrwood 11:01 21 May 2020

Well said Fruit Bat.

Forum Editor 23:14 21 May 2020

"But his big statement was that pensioners were a handicap to all governments as they were costing governments to much."

Leaving the emotive aspects of this to one side for a moment, the person who made the comment was of course right - with ageing populations brought about by improved life expectancy there are increasing numbers of State pensions being funded by people of working age.

In 1980, there were 20 people aged 65 or older for every 100 people of working age. Now there are 30 pensioners for every 100 people of working age, and by 2050 that figure will have risen to 53 peoples' pensions being paid for by every 100 who are working. We are living longer, and there are fewer children being born - you don't have to be a mathematician to realise that there is a massive problem coming.

Put simply, if things go on as they are each worker will need to pay enough in taxes to pay for one State pension before anything else in the government's budget is paid for. It's why governments all over the world are desperately seeking ways to get people to fund their own pensions. The days of the publicly funded pension are numbered.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Save a staggering 82% when you upgrade to Windows 10 Pro now

Akira art show continues in absence of virus-hit Olympics

Apple doubles price of MacBook Pro RAM upgrade

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans