PCA subscription

anchor 14:38 25 Dec 2008

My current subscription to PCA CD edition expires with the April 2009 issue.

This week I received a renewal notice through the post, the cost being £25.99 for 1 year.

On looking on the PCA website, I see that it is £2 less at £23.97. How is this possible?; am I being charge more to renew by phone or post?.

Incidentally, on the renewal notice the magazine is called PC Adviser; (note "e" instead of "o").
Someone can`t spell at their subscription department.

spuds 15:48 25 Dec 2008

The Forum Editor was doing an in-house special subscriptions advertising offer the other week. Cannot find the link now, so it might pay to drop him a line for more information.

Regarding the different charges, I can only assume this is in line with other magazine subscription methods. I have just cancelled an annual subscription, and got a free pair of walking boots for a renewal ;o)

anchor 15:58 25 Dec 2008

spuds: that "special" offer was only for the DVD edition which at £35, in my opinion, is not worth the extra.

I was not interested in the "free gifts" offered either.

anchor 16:00 25 Dec 2008

This was one the the links you refer to:

click here

anchor 14:18 28 Dec 2008

Perhaps someone from PCA Towers may care to comment on this anomaly after the holidays.

simonjary 14:57 28 Dec 2008

As far as I know there are no new offers for a PCA subscription at the prices you state, but I'll check when our subs manager is back in the office in January. I presume it was a renewal offer.

We no longer offer a subscription to the CD edition, just the DVD, although renewals are possible.

Simon

Sarah Willing 14:22 08 Jan 2009

Apologies for the confusion. There shouldn't be any offers for the CD edition on the website. If you could please advise where you saw this offer I will get this amended to prevent any confusion in the future.

Enamel 13:47 14 Jan 2009

My subscription has been cancelled without informing me. The Direct Debit is still valid and no one has contacted me. I am awaiting a reply, meanwhile I'm missing The March issue.

simonjary 15:37 14 Jan 2009

Enamel,

Could you email Sarah Willing with your details, please? She should then be able to help you.

We certainly shouldn't be cancelling subscriptions!

You can find a link to her email under Marketing, here:
click here

Thanks.

Simon
Publisher, PC Advisor

Forum Editor 16:34 14 Jan 2009
  anchor 16:39 18 Jan 2009

In my original posting, I said that it was a renewal.

My query was that doing it via the internet cost about £2 less than renewing by post, (as per the reminder letter sent to me).

To be frank I would NOT have renewed if the only option had been for the DVD version costing £35 more. Rarely do I see anything that I want, or could not be obtained from a direct download. The "free gifts" did not interest me, and not worth paying £10 for.

I accept that it is probably a marketing ploy to get extra revenue.

(sorry for the delay in relying; I have been away in Spain).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?