PCA on line

jcav 21:48 04 Jan 2007

Some time ago FE mentioned that they were looking into putting the magazine on line to be downloaded. Any prospect of this happening? I live in Donegal and it costs me about £7 For the CD mag as there is a tax on foreign (?) magazines. Apart from that you can miss a copy now and then. So how about it?

rodriguez 23:00 04 Jan 2007

It can be done I suppose. Big PDF file and then a big ISO image of the cover disc. I can't imagine it being free though, there would obviously be some sort of charge to download it.

Forum Editor 23:51 04 Jan 2007

we were looking into it - I asked people what their reaction would be to an online version of the magazine. It was simply an idea of mine, and I wondered what reaction would be.

In the event it was pretty lukewarm, and I thought no more about it.

goose1984 08:24 05 Jan 2007

My local newspaper has had the same idea and I think its great. As I travel a lot I am not always in the region to buy a copy.

Here is a link to an example copy click here

mymate 16:20 05 Jan 2007

Our local newspaper is on line as well.But not as good as yours goose1984.Yours looks very professional.

spikeychris 16:55 05 Jan 2007

that really is very good.

surfmonkey #:@}© 18:35 05 Jan 2007

WOW now that is good
what a good idea pca mag online i would subscribe

VoG II 18:54 05 Jan 2007

Very, very good goose1984.

I seem to recall voting Yes in the poll or thread - largely because the shops that I visit habitually no longer stock PCA :o(

Forum Editor 18:59 05 Jan 2007

are available online.

click here

jcav 19:43 05 Jan 2007

Oh well its not going to happen. too bad. I would have paid for it of course.

interzone55 22:29 05 Jan 2007

I remember an email from one of the other PC mags, PCW i think, inviting me to trial an online issue. It used the Zinio online reader rather than a PDF.

I found it rather clunky, and I couldn't take my PC & monitor etc into the loo, always a favourite magazine reading location.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?