PC Advisor print edition closing down

alanrwood 19:09 05 May 2017

Just received my subscription copy of PC Advisor and very sad to say that according to the letter inserted PC Advisor will cease publication from Issue 264 in July. Existing outstanding subs will be transferred to PCPro. I guess that this will also mean the end of this excellent forum so very upset.

Also very sorry about the staff who will be out of a job.

Forum Editor 12:43 06 May 2017

wee eddie

Tell me what you want to read about, and I'll compile a little list of links for you. I hate to think of you staring at the back of a door.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:07 06 May 2017

wee eddie

gone are the days when you could read the ripped up newspaper before using it to...

;0)

Border View 13:32 06 May 2017

I just love this Forum.

wee eddie 13:46 06 May 2017

Fruit Bat: That's what I buy Computeractive for!

wee eddie 13:49 06 May 2017

I shall hold fire until I have read PC Pro for a while.

Many years ago, I used to read PCP but changed to PCA because I preferred its style.

wee eddie 13:55 06 May 2017

Looks like I'm in for a year's PCPro. IDG took a Direct Debit, yesterday, on the 5th.

If anyone else was involved, I would have said that that stank of sharp practice. I shall just put it down to incompetence.

I shall take advice, from here, as to what to do next

bumpkin 14:21 06 May 2017

* IDG took a Direct Debit, yesterday, on the 5th.*

If it was due on the 5th then it would go through. If it was taken early then that is another matter.

bumpkin 14:23 06 May 2017

Publication ceases from July.

wee eddie 15:07 06 May 2017

WE have been told, on this thread, that the Final Issue is to be issue 264. That is to issue that is dropping onto peoples doorsteps at the moment and, we are told, has an insert saying that issue Number 264 will be the last.

e.g. it is the final issue

As Allan Wood posted that here at 7pm on the 5th. He had received his copy through the Mail, so the Company must already have known prior to posting, and should have cancelled all Direct Debits from that date.

simonjary 15:25 06 May 2017

Wee Eddie

As the subs move over directly to PC Pro I am not sure about the Direct Debits but will check with our Finance department. You can, of course, cancel the subscription if you prefer.

I will reply here when I know the deal with Direct Debits, and we'll refund if that's what you'd like to do.

Simon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Camera Phones 2019

How can good design help millennials fall in love?

iMac 27in (2019) review

Comment identifier le modèle de son iPad ?