PC Advisor Mags

jimikt 17:12 27 Aug 2006

I have mags dating from before of 2003 up to the present date. If anyone is interested please contact me by email.

Forum Editor 17:14 27 Aug 2006

that many people have collections going back a good deal further thn that.

Jimmy14 17:26 27 Aug 2006

Can someone tell me when the first PC Advisor Magazine was published? Just curious.

pj123 17:31 27 Aug 2006

As the FE says. I have some going back before that time and so has my Doctor's waiting room.

ed-0 17:31 27 Aug 2006

" PC Advisor delivers expert advice you can trust to business and home PC users who want to buy the best-value equipment and make the most out of the equipment they already own. First published in 1995 by IDG, the world's leading IT publisher, PC Advisor has built a considerable reputation for offering comprehensive and impartial buying advice, informed and easy-to-understand tutorials and workshops, as well as ground-breaking coverage of service-related issues. "

from click here

oresome 17:38 27 Aug 2006

I believe I probably purchased it at 99p.

wolfie3000 23:16 27 Aug 2006

Most of my pcadvisors get recycled, Even tryed to compost one once as a test to see if it would break down into compost I think it still hasent lol,

What do they make the pcadvisor magazine out of as it takes ages to compost?

ade.h 23:33 27 Aug 2006

With PC/technology magazines, is there any point in keeping them beyond a year or so? Unless, with one eye on future nostalgia, you can identify a few issues that feature what might become seminal product reviews/articles. I will admit that PCW's monthly look back to five, ten, fifteen and twenty years ago is sometimes interesting from that point of view.

wee eddie 23:58 27 Aug 2006

is 2 years back copies of PCA & Computeractive, I had a clear-out on Thursday and collection day is tomorrow.

I used to keep a dozen back copies but have not needed to reference them for a good year or more. Anyway its more challenging trying to access any answer I need on the net or sometimes here when I'm stumped.

wolfie3000 00:01 28 Aug 2006

Maybe someone should run a thread on the weirdest use for a pcadvisor magazine,
I got one wedged under my washing machine to stop the noise.

Curio 19:33 28 Aug 2006

Have been taking PCA since its conception. I used to clip out the articles I wanted to keep and bin the rest. Having accumulated books on Windows 95, 98 and XP, plus a couple of upgrade/maintain/repair PCs, I pass on the mag to son in law and he recycles it on completion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Best Keyboards for Designers & Artists

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)