Hot Topics

PC advisor forums speed

namtas 13:08 13 Feb 2013

As has been commented on occasions I find that the overall pace of PC Advisor is much slower that most other site which I visit, this is not n earth shattering problem never the less it is noticeable and it does distract the user This became so obvious that I took to trying to find where the problem might be and without much effort I discovered that access was being held back on every click by a programme called scorecardresearch.com. And it was continually sending a message 'waiting for scorecardresearech.com'
A check on scorecardreasearch.com describes it as a tool for market research data to website owners through a mixture of on-line surveys and the use of web beacons. Nothing really unexpected there, however some go so far to describe this programme as a bug or even a virus I wonder if anyone else has noticed this and should we be concerned?

onthelimit1 13:28 13 Feb 2013

Chrome with adblock - pages load nearly as fast as other forums.

Flak999 14:16 13 Feb 2013

Ditto the above!

Al94 14:24 13 Feb 2013

For me the content loads but none of the links are clickable for quite some time until the background add has loaded.

carver 14:44 13 Feb 2013

I find using I.E 9 that after loading it takes about 4-5 seconds before I can click on a page then it's the same for every link, , using Chrome it's as fast as any site on the web.

namtas 15:01 13 Feb 2013

I see a delay created as each pages waits to open, Above I mentioned that one problem is scorecardresearech.com but that is only one. There is also a big delay whilst something call Outbrain.com does its business and tells me that it is busy reading images, a further logger is eloqua a marketing tool which I understand is part of the Oracle group.

caccy 15:22 13 Feb 2013

I suffer from this as well using FF. Various sites are gathering information while I wa----------------it for the page to load!

csqwared 15:46 13 Feb 2013

I'm using Linux with the Chromium web browser where, as suggested by 'Algerian peter', I turn off Java for this site only. The only drawback seems to be the non-appearance of the 'toolbar' above the topic box enabling bold, italics,etc. Other than that page loading fairly flies along.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:53 13 Feb 2013

Fast enough on FF using NoScript but i do have a pronlem with the page links 123 next taking me to RSS feed page and other places on the site rather than the page of the thread I want.

sunnystaines 19:52 13 Feb 2013

since updating a few days to w8 and using chrome pca pages open instantly no lag whatsoever. a joy to visit pca again.

Ex plorer 20:51 13 Feb 2013

Havent noticed any lag as yet FF OS Vista.

I found that if I just click under the no 2 for second page on this subject or any other I get facebook/ PCAdvisor waite a few seconds and you will get a new page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Why you can't get the Windows 10 May update yet

Inspiring Creative Projects in response to Pandemic & Protest

Logic Pro X 10.5 review

Déconfinement : tout savoir sur l’application StopCovid