A parliamentary point of order No2:

Quickbeam 18:20 19 Nov 2018

Corbyn speaking to the CBI this afternoon assured the audience that no deal will never be approved by Parliament.

If the PM's deal is voted down and no other deal on offer, how can be be so confident that no deal cannot be adopted by default? What can Parliament do to stop this happening that I'm not aware of?

wee eddie 18:42 19 Nov 2018

Nothing (another selection of words here) to do with Parliament. Whatever they vote for, or don't.

By putting Article 50 to the EU, we leave on the 29th. If no agreement is reached, then we have no agreement.

Quickbeam 18:47 19 Nov 2018

That's what I thought, but it's not just Labour saying that.

Quickbeam 07:33 21 Nov 2018

So this morning The Guardian covering the Spanish threat to throw a spanner in the works over Gibraltar. Writing...

"However, the issue could end up torpedoing the entire withdrawal agreement. If this happens then MPs will be faced with two choices – no deal or a People’s Vote. There is no majority in the House of Commons for no deal. If the whole Brexit project crashes because of a piece of land that the UK took control of hundreds of years ago it would be the ultimate irony."

Yet again a reference to the simple "By putting Article 50 to the EU, we leave on the 29th. If no agreement is reached, then we have no agreement." to the question.

Corbyn has mentioned this, as have the LibDems and May. This doesn't sound as simple as claimed to me. Anyone know of any deeper hidden procedure that supports these claims?

Quickbeam 12:58 21 Nov 2018

This morning on the radio Amber Rudd gave reference to this, the PM also again in PMQ, but then in answer to the direct question said we would leave on that date.

...?

wee eddie 13:15 21 Nov 2018

I think that we must prepare to do an Airlift to Gibraltar, much in the same way as we helped Berlin

Quickbeam 17:22 21 Nov 2018

They have a sea port.

Meanwhile they're still talking about the ambiguity of the meaning of 'no Brexit at all' on all the news channels.

If it was a blag statement it would have been exposed by now, it's almost as if there is a taboo on discussing it beyond a veiled threat...

Aitchbee 17:52 21 Nov 2018

QB, to paraphrase Mrs May 'no Brexit at all' isn't 'no Brexit at all'.

:o]

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs sacs à dos pour ordinateur portable