Parcelforce

morddwyd 11:25 14 Dec 2014

What is it with Parcelforce?

Despite the fact that I live in specially adapted accommodation with a standing request to leave parcels in a designated safe place they refuse to do so, insisting on leaving them somewhere for collection, thereby negating the whole purpose of on-line shopping.

They are the only carriers to do this and I'm sure it's illegal.

morddwyd 18:37 25 Dec 2014

"Yet our ParcelForce driver leaves items for collection from the local Post Office with no fee attached."

Usually yes, nut not this time, just from some anonymous private address.

The trouble with pickup from my local post office is that it negates the advantages of delivery.

The last parcel they sent to my post office was six bags of flour. As I pointed out to the supplier at the time, if I could carry six bags of flour I;d have bought them at a local shop, which is quicker and cheaper!

Quickbeam 08:20 28 Dec 2014

Not Parcelforce, but while on the theme, City Link are in the process of winding up.

I've only ever had 4 items shipped using this firm, all of which involved a card to go and collect myself from the local depot, only 15 miles away!

In all cases I was either in and didn't get the chance to answer the door in time, less than a minute, or no neighbour prepared to take delivery, which we routinely always do, do for each other.

So even when Parcelforce aren't as good as we'd like them to be, it's far better than the rest, and with much nearer self collection offices for none deliveries.

morddwyd 19:28 28 Dec 2014

"o even when Parcelforce aren't as good as we'd like them to be, it's far better than the rest,"

If you think that having your parcel delivered to an anonymous private address, which I still have not located (I know where it is, but I haven't yet managed to get to it), is far better than all the rest, then the rest must be pretty appalling indeed!

bumpkin 19:43 28 Dec 2014

It is down to personal experiences, I have found City Link and Parcel Force both excellent. The end result depends on many factors.

lotvic 20:10 28 Dec 2014

City Link: Staff learned on Christmas Day that the company had gone into administration click here

mbc 19:14 05 Jan 2015

Some years ago, I ordered a flat screen TV over the web, when these were a rarity. The supplier sent it by Parcelforce, who dropped a card through my letterbox saying that I must collect it from the depot as it was too heavy for the delivery man to handle. Which begs the question why did they accept it in the first place?

BT 08:51 06 Jan 2015

Its not all bad. I ordered an item from an Amazon reseller on Friday lunchtime and it came in the post at 9.30 Saturday morning. Two other items ordered at the same time from Amazon came on Monday.

morddwyd 19:56 06 Jan 2015

No-one is suggesting it is all bad, or even that most of it is. I certainly never have any problems with the normal post.

The thread is about Parcelforce's refusal to deliver without a signature which discriminates against disabled people who cannot get to the door, and which on this occasion has resulted in them delivering my parcel to a private address, not a depot, some distance away which I have still not been able to get to, and washing their hands of the matter as the parcel has been signed for.

wee eddie 21:22 06 Jan 2015

morddwyd: I'm somewhat confused.

What do you want them to do.

If you are not going to be able to get to your door, which you say is difficult, and I don't doubt you. Why put your address on it.

Why not put a Mate's address, on the package, that you know will be able to receive it. Then get them to ring you when the delivery has been made and you can collect it at your leisure.

wee eddie 21:27 06 Jan 2015

I can understand their reluctance.

I believe that you live on that wonderful City on the banks of the River Clyde. Unfortunately, that city also has a criminal underclass who make a living by flogging the contents of incorrectly delivered parcels.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 7T Pro review

The Best Free Fonts Every Designer Should Have 2019

MacBook Pro 13in (2019) review

Xiaomi Mi 10 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs